With Chipps and Dave busy assembling ‘Guide’ packs ready for their Level 2 Mountain Bike Leader assessment they’ve been searching for versatile trailside repair tools, and while in Finale we were tipped off to these beauties…
As recommended by Trek Factory Enduro Racing’s James Richards, Knipex Pliers Wrenches combine the best of two tools into one that will help fix almost anything, anywhere.
With a very subtly fine range of adjustment they can be used for gripping broken bolts, straightening bent discs and generally bodging repairs either out on the trail or in the workshop. They’re so versatile that Tracy Moseley keeps the 125mm mini pliers version in her race pack for mid race repairs.
Here’s their strengths according to Knipex:
- replaces the need for sets of metric and imperial spanners
- smooth jaws for damage free installation of plated fittings – working directly on chrome!
- adjustable tightening tool
- also excellent for gripping, holding, pressing and bending workpieces
- zero backlash jaw pressure prevents damage to edges of sensitive components
- push the button for adjustment on the workpiece
- parallel jaws give a more solid grip; its design allows flexible adjustment of all widths up to the specified maximum size
- reliable catching of the hinge bolt: no unintentional shifting
- the ratchet type principle allows quick and easy tightening and release of all bolted connections
- lever transmission greater than 10 : 1 for strong gripping power
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, oil-hardened
The only question now is how many sizes to buy…
Available from RS
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.