Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Zesty dilema
  • spinout
    Free Member

After having my Orange 5 stolen recently I'm looking for a new ride. Test rode a Lapierre Spicy today and was quite taken.

Dilema is – buy a 314, sell off the fork and wheels (say for RS Maxle Revs and Hope hoops) or buy a 514?

Not sure what I could expect to get for open bath Fox float RLCs and Mavic Crossrides.

Also – anyone know somewhere doing deals on Lapierres?

TIA

ojom
    Free Member

Deals are going to be few and far between. There are hardly any bikes available. The stock lists are comedy reading.

Find the one you want.Go buy it.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

You'd be well lucky to get a deal on a Lapierre as not many about seemingly.

If your going to ditch the forks and wheels or sell them you may as well go for a 514 imho.

I guess you'd get about £120 – £150 for the wheels and about £300 for forks.

But what ever you do get a Zesty, I've a 2010 314 and it's great!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to get a 214 with 25% off, but it was the last one because the shop is no longer dealing them.

I know that's no use to you, but another shop had offered to sell me a 314 at list price with fork upgraded to Rev Team w/maxle FOC – might be worth asking your local dealers for a similar deal?

Love mine, but I'm already thinking I'd have liked to get the 514 that I demoed. It was just that bit lighter and quicker than the full alu frame.

Hope that helps.

grantway
    Free Member

I would hold fire on the bike magic web site
    There is a thread on the Lapierre 514 showing
    pics of broken bottom brackets and metal link
    parts snapped This is mainly on 09/10 frames.

And are now being called Snapierre's.

There is also a link on the Do It All Bike thread
    on this web site.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

2010 714 here – amazing bike. Think Zesty is more than enough bike for UK.

Read the bike magic bit – the guy also broke his Trek x9 so guess he was just unlucky 😆

frames can break but Lapierre has 5 years warranty on frames so no issues I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Zesty dilema’ is closed to new replies.