• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Your thoughts on this please (700cc singlespeed content).
  • Fop
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting a cheap 700cc bike to hack around on, but don't want to spend a fortune. Anyone got any experience of the below or thoughts? I know if a friend asked me about advice on an mtb I would tell them to spend at least £500 whilst adding "you get what you pay for", so am ready to be told that it is rubbish! Just thought that it's simplicity might mean any negative aspects might not be so noticeable?

[/url]

more info here…

null

Thanks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

NO spec so impossible to say.

trail_rat
    Free Member

bag of spanners mate

look at the se lager if you want a cheapish fixie or look for a second hand singlecross / langster – i got one for 200 quid off the clasifieds in as new condition

Fop
    Free Member

Sorry…..being useless with web-links!!!

soobalias
    Free Member

buy an old dog of a road bike (local tip)
    new bar tape & acceptable saddle
    even consider a SS rear wheel if you really want to lose the gears

probably need tyres and tubes as well.

cheaper, more reliable and if you dont paint it fairly thief proof.

allankelly

I asked this the other day and the consensus was : P1SH.

I'll find the thread link…

EDIT: There you go. http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ebay-create-bikes-fixie-deal-rubbish-or-a-find

There's a link in there to a Bikemagic review – read the user comments below the OK review.

al.

toby1

Pretty sure I saw these in a bike shop near Camden/Mornington Cres. The welds looked AWFUL, I walked out of the shop with the pushy sales guy begging me to test ride it. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

epicyclo

Looks like a big bargain, but that's less than the price of a decent set of wheels.

Be a good starter – improve it as you go.

You know, replace wheels, crankset, frame etc… and eventually end up with what you should have bought in the first place.

OCB
    Free Member

£500 gets you one of these.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Your thoughts on this please (700cc singlespeed content).’ is closed to new replies.