Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Your last total ascent on a ride?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

one for the gps users i guess!

todays ride, 30.1 miles – total ascent 4412 feet 🙁 and yes my legs are extremely sore now 🙁

so i would say thats about as much climbing ive done in one ride, at a steady pace, obviously most of it is climbing and took about 4 hours to do, think it was about 4hrs 45 in total….long old slog today, made worse by the now thawing conditions 🙁

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Would have to ask, which GPS and how is that amount of climbing recorded/calculated? It’s just that having the ascent/descent massively out from mine seems fairly usual 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Last “proper” xc ride was Long Mynd, think it was about 500m I guess.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

its on a garmin dakota 20 – to back it up though i put the route on bikehike and the total eleavtion (ascent) was only 160feet difference, which in truth is probably spot on as i went wrong twice and had to climb back up to where id gone wrong

samuri
    Free Member

That’s quite a bit of climbing for 30 miles. I guess you were somewhere fairly hilly.

sambob
    Free Member

666 metres or 2185 feet in 16 miles. 👿

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah indeedy was around the peaks…not sure where else other than wales and scotland you could get such an amount in 30 miles……MUST STRESS IT HAS KILLED MY LEGS haha, good training though!

usual rides around there would be anywhere from 2000 feet to 3500 max…..this just blew my mind, was really struggling the last 5 miles…

think the beast at coedy brenin was about 3600 feet, and that was pretty tough too at a steady pace, especially when riding alongside or trying to a guy who gives road tours of the french alps all summer 🙁 that was like a stroll to him 🙁

timmys

Thursday – On foot, 4100 ft in 11.5 miles
    Saturday – On bike, 5600 ft in 15.2 miles
    Sunday – On bike, 4100 ft in 12.7 miles

…and I’m meant to be on my bloody honeymoon!

Today’s recovery activity is a full day of wine tasting with someone else driving us 🙂

nuke

Last cycle I did with my GPS logger, which is my regular Ranmore, Holmbury and Leith route, shows me to have completed 10636ft of ascent (10728ft of descent) in 21.7miles…does that sound plausible? I’m new to GPS technology and I’m wonder if it sounded too high.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jesus timmys – where on earth are you?? it sounds like you are just going vertical in the length your doing?? thats nuts!

yeah nuke – that doesnt sound right in the slightest….

timmys

jesus timmys – where on earth are you?? it sounds like you are just going vertical in the length your doing?? thats nuts!

Yeah, it’s probably GPS being crap to be honest (it’s an edge 205 without the barimetric altimeter).

We’re in New Zealand. Day one was the Tongariro Crossing hike (past Mt. Doom etc.), days two and three were biking the Queen Charlotte Track.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Distance:11.62 mi Elevation Gain: 2,418 ft

Road training ride 🙂

RDL-82
    Free Member

Capture by e1ys1um, on Flickr

nuke – Member

Last cycle I did with my GPS logger, which is my regular Ranmore, Holmbury and Leith route, shows me to have completed 10636ft of ascent (10728ft of descent) in 21.7miles…does that sound plausible? I’m new to GPS technology and I’m wonder if it sounded too high.

Have you got a gpx output of the ride?if so import it to Google Earth (Tools>GPS) once the track has loaded right click on it and select ‘Show Elevation Profile’ should give you an idea of how accurate your figures are.

Probably one of the most ascent in one ride for me. Approx 8000ft in 39 miles.

Sorry about the smudge…. scuffed the lens on my GoPro. 😕

Ah so thats how you embed videos! 🙄
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oy0fPl2fy0[/video]

nuke

Cheers RDL-82…did what you said and Google Earth is showing a far more realistic 663m/2175ft. Don’t know what the heck is going wrong with the Sports Analyser software that came with the GPS Logger 😕

Diane
    Free Member

rubberneck
    Free Member

EEEERRRRMES, WAS GOING TO SAY (ALL COCKEY AND THAT) THAT NO BODY CARES ABOUT THE UPS…….
    DELAYED PIST COMMENTS

MAYBE IM WRONG (CRINGE)

ALTHOUGH BIG DOWNHILL ‘MAPS’ WOULD BE MORE TO MY(MAYBE A FEW OTHERS) INTREST

GREAT POST FOR REFERENCE THO IMO

Janesy
    Free Member

Good day out in the Mendips. – Edge 705.

Parvis
    Free Member

Mine was in Epping Forest, so probably about 6-7ft?

Hey rubberneck,

What goes up? Must come down! 😉

bob_summers

1281m in 78km, friday. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/59288096

it’s supposed to be a flat winter training route 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

Janesy = Min elevation -15m????? scuba bike?

william
    Free Member

35miles distance, and 3450ft/1050m total elevation.

Min elevation- 24ft
    Max elevation- 1370ft

Worked out on bikehike, so probably not completely accurate.

samuri
    Free Member

Here you go, it’s a big file mind… sorry.
    http://www.samuri.co.uk/gps/06032005.gif

samuri
    Free Member

nope, this is better.

timmys

Thursday – On foot, 4100 ft in 11.5 miles
    Saturday – On bike, 5600 ft in 15.2 miles
    Sunday – On bike, 4100 ft in 12.7 miles

…and I’m meant to be on my bloody honeymoon!

Today’s recovery activity is a full day of wine tasting with someone else driving us

Putting the gpx through google earth changes them to;

3205 ft
    4806 ft
    4078 ft

still not bad!

donsimon
    Free Member

I try to get as close to 1.000m climbing in on every ride.

superfli
    Free Member

The Wiggle Southern Rough Ride was 3411ft in 35 miles. Thats pretty damn hard in very wet conditions:

And for those that dont believe Isle of Wight to be hilly.. Offroad loop is 6596ft in 66.1 miles! Recorded route on viewranger, but cant seem to upload to bikehike.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve noticed that riding in South Downs woodland I do more ascent/descent per mile than riding hillier trail centres like Gisburn and Cwmcarn – constant small ups and downs rather than long climbs followed by long descents.

loddrik
    Free Member

Let the willy waving commence…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

some nice readings there! impressive with the 8000 ft one in 39 miles….

are these for road bikes or mtb’ing by the way?

mine is based on mtb…

joemarshall
    Free Member

583 feet in just under 4 miles.

Probably slightly more height gain actually, I’m just using the difference between starting height (my house) and finishing height (the pub), ignoring the up and down in between.

MTB on mine.. although as you will see from the video there is some carrying involved. Still counts though! 🙂

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Your last total ascent on a ride?’ is closed to new replies.