Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Yorkshire day
  • hora
    Free Member

By-eck. Who else is celebrating Gods own county? :mrgreen:

JEngledow
    Free Member

BOOOOOOOOOOO! 😉

Pook

ee lad, tha's a lancy turncoat but tha's yorkshire born and bred.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Only Yorkshire could be so up it's own backside to celebrate itself. Sounds like insecurity to me, TBH…. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Taking off from Leeds Bradford Airport and landing 20mins later at Leeds Bradford Airport cos if its outside Yorkshire? its not worth visiting''

hora
    Free Member

The best lovers, fighters, women and Poets.

clubber
    Free Member

More likely, they refused visas to travel further afield. You're welcome to the place 😉

hora
    Free Member

Terrahawk will come round to my thinking soon. He'll request citizenship…

clubber
    Free Member

maxray
    Free Member

Quality.. makes me think of the Monty Python playwright scene… "BLOODY TUNGSTEN CARBIDE DRILLS! You're all bloody fancy talk since you left London."

😀

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

he he – off home to holmfirth tonight. Havn't been back in a year (bike no in van due to wedding commitment 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

LOL
    "You and yer fancy coal mining friends."

Also, from Harry Enfield

Sophistication! Sophistication!, don't talk to me about sophistication, I've been to Leeds!.

hora
    Free Member

off home to holmfirth tonight. Havn't been back in a year

You know when you revisit places after ages and it changes from the last (southampton is one for me)….

Holmfirth will still be exactly the same in a thousand years 😆

marsdenman
    Free Member

Holmfirth will still be exactly the same in a thousand years

Nah – they've cancelled Last of the Summer Wine – this means the place can be bulldozed and replaced with the glass and stainless steel edifices the locals really want 😉

edit – mrs mm is on about visiting one of the many 'attractions' that will be on over the weekend – i'd rather be off to try and catch up with Mark & gang on the JOGLE run as Sunday/ Monday is when they are closest to us…

binners

Yorkshire. The county that gifted Hora to an unsuspecting world

Need we say more?

hora
    Free Member

Last of the Summer Wine will still be running with the exact same story lines repeated as the audience is soo old to notice or remember what the last episode entailed anyway..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last of the Summer Wine depresses me (seriously – I cannot bear to watch it it makes me so down). The Yorkshire I know is so far removed from that and I hope that my life never, ever becomes remotely like it.

(Yorkshire born and (in)bred).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yorkshire bleats on about itself, the rest of the country carries on…

hora
    Free Member

Torkshire proclaims

the rest of the country carries on…

err how often do we see 'visit XX' adverts on TV?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Dont blame the rest of us for hora! Everyday is Yorkshire day in our house, so you can take your soft southern carryings on and bugger off!
    Best not mention I said that, the wife's from Cambridge and tends to get a bit 'emotional' at times. She's intellectual, fine looking and a pleasure to be around, but she's bloody rubbish at carrying coal.

teagirl
    Free Member

Torkshire? Where's that then, cynic-al?

Will be silently marking the occasion, as I'll be on Anglesey, shhhh…. yah, Yorkshire!

Rich_s

Will be returning to the mother county on Sunday; 2 month old son in tow so he gets the full effect… 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

im not sure where i live to b honest…yorkshire or lancashire (im middle earth really..smack bang int middle of both countys…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

vario_99
    Free Member

Yorkshire – Where the air is clear, beer is strong and the sheep are scared.

tint int tin.

ahwiles
    Free Member

please, Royston Vasey is in Derbyshire…

binners

I'll be dangerously close to the border later. Might take the passport and nip over to see how the other half live

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Appen I'll be flyin t'flag come Sunday

Yorkshire born n Bred

AND PROUD OF IT !

hora
    Free Member

Aye. Im there on Sunday. I should have a flag made for the car

Cougar

t' wrong side o't Pennines.

marsdenman
    Free Member

please, Royston Vasey is in Derbyshire…

ah, but, the Local Shop for Local People is filmed here in Marsden which is (only just) in Yorkshire.. 😉

hora
    Free Member

Is it?

Someone mentioned originally Todmorden was going to be used but a local character nicknamed 'Elvis' scared the researchers/location peeps off?

marsdenman
    Free Member

yep – i'm not a fan, and not about to try and find the picture, but there's a shot that shows the 'sop' with the view across to the other side of the valley, the view of which very clearly places it in Marsden.
    The 'shop' is somewhere below the shooting range…

edit – I really should be working, but…
    ere you go…

houses on the right are, I believe, the edge of The Plains estate…?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ah, but, the Local Shop for Local People is filmed here in Marsden which is (only just) in Yorkshire

Eye, that's what I always understood to be true.

Chevin
    Free Member

What everyone obviously needs is a Yorkshire Rose Buff………….

Matthew

hora
    Free Member

The 'shop' is somewhere below the shooting range.

Deer Hill???????

I am a big fan of LeagueOG'…..and as a 13/14yr old I fired numerous calibre weapons up on Deer Hill including 303, shotgun and 9mm!

Eeeeee memories 😀

Chevin
    Free Member

Is it true the Burger place did change it's name to "Burger Me"?

Matthew

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh I thought this was a charity event like Children In Need or something, to raise money for people suffering.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Yes, it's called 'tykes in need'. Send tripe, cow heels and whippet lingerie NOW! And dont expect a thankyou, neither, you soft southern bas****s.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire day’ is closed to new replies.