Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tiscali – How shit is the broadband!!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

1.4mb download and 0.26mb upload!! bag of ****

randomjeremy
    Free Member

what do you expect for the £5.99 or whatever it is a month you’re paying?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I switched from Tiscali to BT, on the same line, no change at all in hardware and went from 1mb best DL to 7.8mb. Price difference was fairly large though.

R.lepecha

Tiscali is TalkTalk, nuff said.

grantway
    Free Member

Thought they went broke a couple of years back?

Had a Tiscali phone line once and they was shafting gits then.
    I was getting two phone bills one from BT and one from Tiscali
    When I approached Tiscali they said i was dialling to fast?

Enough said

jon1973
    Free Member

what’s their advertised ‘up to’ rate?

coffeeking
    Free Member

what’s their advertised ‘up to’ rate?

8 meg

duntstick
    Free Member

They should ban the use of ‘up to’ in advertising it’s being abused. 👿

I am supposed to get up to 20mb and have been getting 2mb at best. When I spoke to the help desk, they just said you’ve no chance in your area.

spooky_b329

Obviously I sympathise with people like Duntstick, and the differing speeds is unfair though unavoidable. Its a bit like complaining you all pay the same road tax but those living in the sticks have to make do with crappy B roads whilst others just nip onto the motorway.

But what part of ‘up to’ is being abused? Its up to, not supposed to be.

Its better than:

20mb broadband*

*Not really

duntstick
    Free Member

I see it that if 2mb is the best can be offered (and I can clearly prove that it is). Then I should be charged accordingly. They have no problems using sliding tarifs in other areas of telecoms such as mobile networks.

That road analogy doesn’t work for me, I’m stuck on a moped if that’s the case and I’ll never get the opportunity to go on the motorway!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

30mbs here regularly don’t you know.!

yesiamtom
    Free Member

step 1 : admit to yourself how much you want and need the internet

step 2 : Spend some time researching LOCAL companies to you who offer a good service.

Im with a company called newnet, pay £20 a month for 24mb and get between 15-16. The great thing about them is i can phone them up day or night (or weekend(or bank holiday)) and have a chat with some guy who seems to remember me from last year.

I was with tiscali years back and they started throttling i think. We changed to another company who the ngot bought out by tiscali. Despite promising us our service wouldnt change it suddenly got worse 1 month later.

AdamW
    Free Member

Inlaws are with Tiscali. They sync to the local exchange at 14Mb/s but throughput is usually about 1Mb/s. Utter rubbish. I use idnet who are pretty good.

showerman
    Free Member

with sky up to 20meg get 17meg down 1meg up, must say i do not need that but thats the package, have not hooked sky box to the internet so when i do and use sky player it may be the 17meg will come in handy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tiscali – How shit is the broadband!!’ is closed to new replies.