Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yeti sizing
  • honourablegeorge

Is it utterly mental?

TT on the Large SB-66 is 635mm, it says here – that’s 20mm longer than the already-long Spicy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member
    Is it utterly mental?

No, its abominable! 😉

scruzer
    Free Member

Down size?

jambon
    Free Member

TT is dependent on Seat Tube angle – Lappierre’s have stoopidly relaxed ST angles so the lengths seem longer than they really are.

I have a feeling that Yetis are long for their given size – as opposed to Santa Cruz which are the opposite.

Reach is a better guide to sizing really.

The only way to suss it is to try one.

Superficial
    Free Member

Jambon’s comment about the seat tube is spot on. Yetis do seem to come up quite big.

I went from a size large Commencal Meta 5 to a medium Yeti ASR-5. The Yeti is actually larger in both seat tube and top tube size, although the Yeti’s seat tube is steeper which effectively shortens the top tube a bit.

For what it’s worth I’m 6 foot tall, and Yeti recommend a large for me. I’m glad I went for a Medium – it’s perfect for me, although I never tried a large and I suspect that with an appropriate stem that would be OK too.

I spent ages deliberating about which size to get – it got a bit anal with spreadsheets for various quoted top tube lengths. Long story short, a Yeti medium is longer than any other medium frame I could find, and a lot of manufacturers’ large frames, too.

althepal

Aye, they’re big! Went from a large enduro to a large 575. Tt length seems much longer so a much shorter stem fitted.
    6 ft tall but I must have long arms cos its worked out ok. Bike is stable on the downs and I don’t feel over stretched. A medium might have been ok too, but didnt get the chance to try one..

Paceman
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and ride a medium 575 with a short 60mm stem. The medium Yeti has a longer top tube than my old Santa Cruz Superlight which was a large.

10pmix
    Free Member

I bought a large 575 frame and had to sell it on as it felt massive. I have a medium which feels great for me at 6ft.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Mate is 6’4″ and has a Large 575. Both his other non Yeti bikes were XL.
    Don’t know if it is utterly mental but Yeti’s are indeed large and so are the frames on Yeti branded bikes.

IA

Oddly, I find Yetis to be really short/tall, not long (i’ve only tried an ASR and ASX though). 6’4″.

635mm doesn’t sound too long to me 😉

bigjim

They are indeed very long, which is good for me at 6’4″. About to bite the bullet on a large ASr5.

specialknees
    Free Member

I made a big mistake on this a few years ago.
    I was almost beside myself such was my desire for an ASR. I used to ride Med Spesh so bought a Med Yeti (at full list price too).
    Built it up and it was huge compared to the Spesh.
    I had about 6 Inches of seatpost showing when set and it was longer than the Bismark.
    The final straw came when I overheard someone say ”that bikes way to big for him” at a trail centre. I always knew it was and that confirmed it.
    Sold it at a loss on ebay and bought a small.
    EXPENSIVE LESSON LEARNT.!

mrbump
    Free Member

@specialknees
    how tall are you?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yeti sizing’ is closed to new replies.