Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Yet more online dating . . . tinder?!
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

your killing a whole profession with your cheap dating sites

Who’s killing what profession? I’m confused

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

leffeboy, I’m getting Special K & ASDA, I’m rock & roll me 😉

Edit, adjustablewench, it was a tongue in cheek comment about prostitutes & the ease of sex nowadays, never mind.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

i always wondered if they were targeted to the viewers of the forum or just to the individual user – as i once got an ad for male catheters. . . .

dandax1990
    Free Member

@adjustablewench – Not sure where you got the idea that having fun means just having sex. I have loads of fun on my bike and not once have I inserted my penis into anything. Honest.

What I’m saying is a lot of single people who’re looking for relationships, especially you older people, seem to get obsessed with it and don’t have fun with it.

There is such a thing as 23 y/o female sl*gs as well you know. Most of them are mothers too.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

sounds like the modern equivalent of the late night bar/club that most towns have.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@dandax1990 – hmmmm I think if you read properly the threads on dating you will find it very hard to find anyone who is obsessed with it. I read your initial lighten up comment to be in relation to the topic – not as a general piece of advice

This thread was based on my conversation with some ladies at a party – I personally have not been on a ‘date’ for quite some time. Not sure what gives you the idea I or the rest of us “old people” dont have fun either?

And im really not sure why you need to put out that there are 23 year old female sl*gs?! For a start I am not about to get personal and judgemental about anyone, if someone wants to have loads of sex with whoever they want then fair enough. I am well aware having been 23 myself, having been the mother of a 23 year old and having done a some community nursing in a sexual health clinic – having lots of fun and lots of sex at 23 is probably viewed as the normal rather than having none – but as I said I am not about to get personal or judgemental, but you have to be careful in posts as it can be so easily done.

Maybe you like being judgemental?

I was only making a comment that it I found the online dating sites were quite often just used to get casual sex and I personally found that off putting and a little depressing

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps the sites help filter it so you get those looking for relationships on one site and those looking for fun on others?

i doubt their is much age difference – ie the % will be similar- of those who just want “fun” and those who want a relationship

the problem is how to filter the two to your personal tastes

Essentially these things exist because it is what folk want to do.
    i dont know if the “dating industry” creates the demand or whether it serves it but I suspect the later.

FWIW I dont think its great tbh – its odd that folk are happy to bump bits but not minds or souls but hey ho its their choice.

bigjim

tinder is highly amusing, some of my mates use it to great success. the best bit is liking the ones they really, really wouldn’t like when they aren’t looking.

DezB
    Free Member

Likes DezB and Shibby’s profiles*

Hey, what makes you think I’d read this thread?!

DezB
    Free Member

Ok ,I read the Telegraph article…
    Tinder may work for some, but it’s not the right dating app for a chubby chap in his thirties..

No hope for me then!! 😆

adjustablewench
    Free Member

You’re in your thirties????!

DezB
    Free Member

No chance – I’m guessing the older you are the less “right” it becomes!

(hang on? Why the surprise?? 😆 )

nwgiles

adjustablewench – Member

@dandax1990
    – so are you saying I should lighten up and throw myself out there for loads of casual sex

Double dare you, with no backsies

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha ‘older than me’ is on the imaginary list of random things I have noted about you (not in a stalkerish way – you just pick up various bits of information onbhere)

Along with sideburns, wintersports, kids, doesnt drive anywhere

Im sure we all build up similar pictures of each other from info on here

Junkyard – ninja vegan and vocal, but harmless for example 😉

hora
    Free Member

@dandax. Its just a way to meet the damaged-goods side of girls.

Every nympho I’ve met has serious personality/childhood issues. Abit off putting IMO.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

but harmless

Ouch! 😀

flatfish
    Free Member

Never knew that app existed.
    Quite amusing.

Houns

Hmm now I’m not seeing anyone at the moment

*joins*

Hmm I may have more luck on grindr 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

All over already Houns? 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All over already Houns?

I’m sure it’s never happened before. He was just nervous, probably.

#passeskleenex

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard – ninja vegan and vocal, but harmless for example

That is a compliment for this place 😉

Adds to profile awaits “hits”

DezB
    Free Member

I just want to date everyone on this thread 😆 (and the previous one)

Houns

Yeah, for now, may give it a try again in new year

hora
    Free Member

NY? If I was single I’d aim to be hanging out of a dirty slapper by tonight.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Nice mental image as I tuck into a pastrami bagel, thanks hora 😯

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, when I said “everyone”, of course there are exceptions 😉

Joe

I’ve been using it. Quite good fun. It’s not like grindr because there are women involved, and its men who always want to jump straight into bed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok, i’ll clarify..
    I do not dissaprove of the site, think it’s good in a lot of ways (saves going to meet folk, good), certainly services a need (sex, good) and can be a safe way of filtering out/in folk (good, safe, arms length)
    I just think having all the slappers in one place would be far better than cluttering up the whole interwebz with a myriad of sites dedicated to 3min fumbles and runny noses.

I have a couple of mates who’ve used EHarmony to good effect, both now in LTR’s and happy to have found someone to spend thier life with.

DezB
    Free Member

…runny noses

First ‘Tinder’, and now something else new to me… ❓

footflaps

Every nympho person I’ve met has serious personality/childhood issues. Abit off putting IMO.

FIFY

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Does it work in the sticks?

Don’t live in London…

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Nice mental image as I tuck into a pastrami bagel, thanks hora

At least it’s not a “badly packed kebab…..”

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

it seems like a suprising number of dating sites are used mainly for precuring a quick shag – so not really a small pocket of people

That wasn’t my experience using dating sites. Quite the opposite, in fact. Maybe I was doing it wrong?

Just shut your eyes. It all tastes the same. 😉

drummer
    Free Member

I just downloaded the app for a looksee …it wants to connect to my FB for photos, will it appear on my newsfeed thingy ?
    I may just knock it on the head ….any biking chicks on here want a date, I’m only 44 but had a tough paper round ?

Houns

I’ve joined and had a look, doesn’t seem sleazy at all, couple of contacts already. One is suspiciously hot, not messaged any yet

khani
    Free Member

Just shut your eyes. It all tastes the same.

LALALALALALALA…. A donner will never be the same again.. 🙁

Houns

Doesn’t appear on newsfeed

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Yet more online dating . . . tinder?!’ is closed to new replies.