Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (warning THAT event content)
  • juan
    Free Member

If you were not at the BBB this weekend well how to say.
    You've missed a fabulous event
    You've missed a amazing atmosphere
    You've missed a swiss like organisation
    You've missed some of the greatest STW caracters
    You've missed the "wickid awsome" bands
    You've missed the great coffee guy
    You've missed the delicious food
    You've missed the lake jump
    You've missed the tremendous trail

And more. I just ran out of superlatives

Harry_the_Spider

We've missed the pictures too. Got any?

chorlton
    Free Member

No mention of ladies. Sort it out man.
    Oh and pics please.

MrNutt
    Free Member

🙁

Grimy
    Free Member

Ah, But I'd also miss the 11 hours of my life traveling there and back, and the £100 worth of fuel to do it. So I'll not be too upset about it! 😛

peteimpreza

Hw won't mention the ladies because he is to modest. Or he may be a gate.

I second what Juan says. An excellent weekend.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

WGAF.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Sounds AWESOME. I doubt it was though.

DezB
    Free Member

Here's some pics

Trying hard to ignore the pillock that is Kingtut. Aaaaand failing.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Auuw diddums.

Andy

666….. brilliant…..just brilliant … 😆

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Loved it. 😀

singletrackmind

Well I enjoyed myself . Ok so it could have been drier, but most of the events went ahead anyway. Good turn out and still a relaxed atmosphere. A surprising good XC course , short but hard work. Great beer tent ,quality hot food , good racing , great prizes, well supported by Torq, Mule bar , Hargroves, superstar, USE, Buff, Soreen, MBUK, Green Oil.
    Lots of hard work, and lots of happy people.
    Short course xc racing is hard, and it doesn't help when the kids are lobbing bean bags / water bombs at you , especialy when you take a direct hit to the b******s.
    made my eyes water

DezB
    Free Member

Nick told me that racers like getting hit with water 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Did Fred crap himself again? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Last I saw him he was hoovering 🙂

All my pics are here

luke
    Free Member

Glad people had a good time.
    I'm knackered after last nights marathon effort.
    I'd like to thank Nick and all the other volunteers for the effort that made it the success it was, also UK Youth for letting us use Avon Tyrell , the trade stands and sponsors for there support, and other companies that gave us freebies and discount (while not being official sponsors).
    Also a big thank to all the people who paid money to come along to the event, as your the people who make the event what it is.

Clink

Had brilliant time, as did the kids. Thanks to all the organisers – hope Nick's shoulder is ok!

Just seen DezB's pic – that's my daughter with the 'small' water pistol – seems quite accurate! 😆

pants
    Free Member

Yeppy, a great weekend of family fun and plenty of entertainment.

Yes Lovely lady in wet white lycra!!!! Go Mule Girl 😀

stuey
    Free Member

We drove down from just north of Gairloch – our first BBB.

3yr old and 4yr old want to go again – 'even if it rains'

I'd reiterate all the positives from above- reminded me of 1st/2nd Malvern's – but more family friendly.

– Thanks Nick/Luke/ everybody involved –

PS I really would like the recipe for the coffee pecan cake – delicious.

crikey
    Free Member

The middle class at play…

robdob
    Free Member

Grimy – Member
    Ah, But I'd also miss the 11 hours of my life traveling there and back, and the £100 worth of fuel to do it. So I'll not be too upset about it!

KINGTUT – Member
    WGAF.

Well I hope I never find myself riding with or attending an event with the likes of you miserable g1ts.
    I drove a 12 hour round trip (just got back now!) to get there with my wife who had never entered a cycle race before. We won back prizes to the value of our entry tickets (did anyone not get a prize of some sort?) and even though it was wet I didn't have one second of doubt that the drive was worth it. My wife had a fantastic time, the kids did, the fun racers did, the serious racers did – even one of the blokes who was doing catering who had no interest in MTB's did the lake jump and won a prize!!
    NO ONE was even bothered about the rain!! (it was more of a heavy mist tbh)
    I have never seen someone with so much energy as WCA and all the other BBB workers and volunteers, they made it fantastic..

Kevevs
    Free Member

bummer. Looks like fun 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yup. Superb event, even the 'mizzle' didn't have any effect on it. The atmosphere was brilliant, loads of people of all ages having a laff and really getting into it.

Photos
    Phew! I took nearly 1200 pics over the weekend. Got them all off the camera before I flaked out last night, I'll edit them today and hopefully get proofs online tonight. I'm off on holiday again on Friday, so I'm going to struggle a bit if anybody wants any but if you can bear with me I'll sort them when I get back.

And there's hardly a face on them without a big grin.

WCA pulled it off again. God knows how, but he did. 😀 😉 :mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

666….. brilliant…..just brilliant …

I do believe that was no 'accident'……. 😉

And the Short Track Elminator XC was superb, just a brilliant format, short, sharp, technical and FUN to race and watch. 😀

juan
    Free Member

The middle class at play…

Well if you say so. Most of the bikes were not up to the amazing nichness or s;ugness of STW. And you know what no one cared. Everyone had fun. I raced on a big noisy and clunky lump of metal that wouldn't even go on the classified for free and you know what i don't care. Everyone was friendly with me and the SO everyone was helpful everyone was smilling.

Jason
    Free Member

Well done Nick and everyone else involved in putting on the event. It was good to see that you had taken the comments from last year on-board, and it really added to the event (if only other event organisers listened to feedback about their events…)

We had a great time, I think my daughter was one of the few not to go away with a prize, although she is only 21 months old and did manage to eat her weight in free Eat Natural bars over the weekend so she wasn't too unhappy 😀

Jason
    Free Member

Oh and well done Juan on completing the night race on a girl's bike 😉

juan
    Free Member

yeah but it's a kick ass girl bike 😉

soma_rich
    Free Member

owww

but a really really special owww.

Thanks guys, I think everyone enjoyed it, we had no disasters, and did most people got prizes 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Top weekend, thanks all 🙂

I would like to add two things:

1) Juan is much nicer in real life than on the forum
    2) I beat him on the short track eliminator
    3) Not because I pushed him into a tree on one lap

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just editing my pics here at work, and I've got a couple of comments

DezB took the Inappropriate Bike race FAR FAR too seriously: Giro Xen, Camelbak, SPD shoes. To ride a kids bike, what, 200 yards? 😉

Rob the Brewer can't POUR a pint to save his life!

The 2 Torq-sponsored riders that did the Short Track XC Eliminator, got beaten and soaked to the skin by waterpistols and they are smiling in EVERY pic I have of them. Top Team! 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

BBB rocked!
    The XC racecourse was as good as any I've raced on.
    The bands were excellent. The cider made me very happy (and drunk).
    Nick was unbelievable. He needs a medal for creating so much laughter and joy.

Here are some pics:

DezB
    Free Member

DezB took the Inappropriate Bike race FAR FAR too seriously: Giro Xen, Camelbak, SPD shoes. To ride a kids bike, what, 200 yards?

Hey! It was the only thing I had the remotest chance of winning! Then beaten by 2 blokes on 26" wheel bikes.. pah!

mrsgrips
    Free Member

We're hoping to enter Little grips into a race next year! It was a lovely event for families.
    Thanks to everyone who made it a great couple of days!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You looked the part though, Dez. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

PS that's me doing the no-handed trackstand above.

I didn't manage it quite that time, although I'd been doing it really well earlier. I'd have won the competition for sure if I'd been there in time to enter 🙂

cchris2lou

Our first BBB and we all had a great time .

My wife is not into cycling at all and she enjoyed it . we are planning to go back next year and even planning to become sponsor with our soft play business to entertain the under 4 s .

the kids loved it too .

A big thank you to Nick and the whole team to put up such a great event .

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Well I am home. The track has been cleared of tape and the marquees away.

Thank you to everyone who came. You made it a fantastic weekend for me.

You might want to drop the occasional email to UK Youth to encourage them to hold it again next year.

PS For those who are interested Fred/Rudeboy won a special prize for being dry both nights.

PPS Is it worth going to A&E about dislocated shoulders I did on Saturday night? One is particularly painful but I am guessing it is just bruising.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (warning THAT event content)’ is closed to new replies.