Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XX Cassette – worth it?
  • honourablegeorge

The weight saving over XTR is big, as is the premium – do they last as well/better than XTR?

vikingboy
    Free Member

mines lasted well with a KMC chain.
    Id buy one again.

sofatester
    Free Member

XX Cassette – worth it?

No, of course not.

The question should be do you want it? If so and you can justify the cost then get one.

njee20
    Free Member

Lasts better than XTR IMO, but damn well should do for double the price, and if you happen to wear one of the middle sprockets you’re screwed! I also found myself not riding, or going home early, not because I was cold or not enjoying it, but because I couldnt face wearing out my cassette! Seemed crazy to me!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I wouldn’t pay retail for one, but I managed to pick up a couple of considerably less than the cost of an XTR cassette – so on that basis, 100% yes. They are frighteningly light.

You could consider the XG1080 (X0) cassette as well? IIRC it’s still lighter than the XTR & you can get them for around the same money.

Worth it though? Absolutely not. I don’t think any cassette over £100 is worth it – but I went a bit mad on the weight savings for my Nomad, so I was somewhat limited in choice..

honourablegeorge

“Worth it” is probably the wrong choice of words. And there’s no way I’d pay retail for it.

Don’t suppose those bargains have links, Hob Nob?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Sadly not – friends working for Fisher’s 😉

honourablegeorge

Ah, right. That makes you a Fisher man’s Friend.

njee20
    Free Member

**checks Fisher trade website**

Both XX and X.0 can be had for significantly cheaper via online shops than the trade prices anyway, as always seems to be the case now, so the staff must get a nice discount!

Moda
    Free Member

If you still want one cheapest place i found when buying was here about £173..

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/m248/k750/sram.html?od=&ft=1

Moda
    Free Member

Must have posted a few seconds after shorty… 🙂

honourablegeorge

Yeah, been looking at those.

I run a 1×10 setup, so do a fair bit of climbing in the 36t at the back – the large cog being aluminium puts me off a bit… any idea how much replacements cost?

njee20
    Free Member

Isn’t your chain ring aluminium…

Don’t know how much a replacement is, couldn’t see it on the Fisher site.

Having ridden 1×10 all year I’ve worn out the 24t, but the rest is fine! Wouldn’t expect it to be a massive issue. If you’re using the 36 that much why not get a smaller chainring?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Both XX and X.0 can be had for significantly cheaper via online shops than the trade prices anyway, as always seems to be the case now, so the staff must get a nice discount!

You would be correct – certainley opened my eyes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XX Cassette – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.