Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • XTR price drops . . . How long?
  • Sheps
    Free Member

So with the new XTR 2011 out soon, how long before we see price reductions in the old XTR?

ianpinder
    Free Member

There won't be, they are pretty much out of stock

anc
    Free Member

Yeh what ian says unless the importer is overstocked you won't see many bargains. Dura-ace 7800 stuff is still a similar price to the 7900 gear still. Shimano want people to by the newer group obviously so they control stock and price of the older gear

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The RRP on the new stuff is significantly higher than the 970 stuff will fly out at current prices. M980 cranksets RRP at £50 more than M970; M980 shifters are £10 more (single and pair prices), for example.

Crell
    Free Member

Wrong thread doh, though I do have an unused 97x mech I should put in the classifieds. Brakes aside, I prefer the look of all the older 970 kit; especially the chainset. A bit like 960 that left me cold.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

I think there has already been a degree of discounting to reduce stock, but not to a stupid degree, hence as already stated the stock levels are probably nicely run down already.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

alo why discount them in the UK? Currency has tanked so they'll probably take any excess stock and sell it in whichever country will buy them for the most money.

rexated
    Free Member

when's the new xtr kit due in anway? *dribbles slightly*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘XTR price drops . . . How long?’ is closed to new replies.