Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • XT Shadow rear derailleur .. advise please
  • PaulWilkinson
    Free Member

Hello all .. looking for some help please if you will. I’ve a new XT normal type rear derailleur on my Kona Kula installed and set up by myself no probs and a new XT shadow on my new Scandal and I’m a bit stuck .. are the gaps from the top guide pulley to the cassette supposed to be the same? The shadow is a fair bit further away than the normal XT even when the B screw is adjusted till it won’t go any further. It shifts ok and doesn’t interfere with the wheel .. to be honest I only noticed this afternoon after i put a new chain on … any advice would be appreciated. Thanks ..

coatesy
    Free Member

Top jockey should be fairly close to sprockets to give the best shifting, check that when you’ve bolted it to the mech hanger, you haven’t allowed the mount to rotate with the bolt as that’ll move the jockeys out.

PaulWilkinson
    Free Member

Thanks – the Scandal was bought “set up” already…i’ll have a look cos it’s no where near where i think it should be………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘XT Shadow rear derailleur .. advise please’ is closed to new replies.