Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • X Box Red Ring Of Death
  • slartybartfast
    Free Member

Mine died this morning from the red ring of death, 3 sectors lit up red. Has anybody got any experience of getting them repaired by microsoft?

sofaking
    Free Member

yes . usually quite a quick service

muddydwarf
    Free Member

According to MsDwarf who works for Gamestation, if your machine is less than 3yrs old & have the reciept MS will repair it for free. If older than that it could cost up to £100.
    360’s are – apparently – guaranteed for 3yrs against the red ring of death she tells me!

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I think it was bought around the time forza 3 was released, so probaly 14 months old i’ll have to look see if i can find the reciept.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Used to work for Gamestation tooooo. Back then it was about 3 weeks turn around could be different now. I complained when mine died last year and got an additional xbox points cards to spend online.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

When you send them back do you keep your hd, just concerned about losing my forza save.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If you registerd the xbox when new you may not need the recipet as warranty starts from day you register.

How To Get Your Red Ring Of Death (RRoD) Xbox 360 Repaired

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yeah u keep HD, faceplates, cables just send the console with an empty tray

Cougar

Mine had to go back; no faff, no drama, had it back (from Germany) inside a fortnight – think it was about 10 days total.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

MsDwarf says she doesn’t have this problem as apparently she has a ‘proper gaming machine – a PS3’

Wouldn’t know myself, last system i played on was the original megadrive back in the early 90’s! 😆

slartybartfast
    Free Member

I have proper gaming machine too, just prefer xbox at the moment until they make proper driving game for ps3.

Cougar

Yeah, PS3s have never failed with the yellow light of death or anything.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

She says ‘launch console, bought on day of original release, still going strong & for every PS3 that’s died she sees 10 x-boxes’.

Why i’m arguing on a subject i have no idea about & wish to learn about even less escapes me at the moment…. 😆

cullen-bay
    Free Member

eh… gran turismo 5 knocks every other driving game out of the water… 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about the receipt. Just ring Xbox customer service. Have the serial number ready and take it from there. Happened me once. Was up and running inside a week.

Pain in the arras, but service to fix it was good.

smogmonster

Had mine repaired and returned within 5 working days last time it went – that was an old one about 2 years ago. No problems since (touchwood).

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

if it’s out of warranty, you can fix it yourself. I’ve done 3 now and all work perfectly. Loads of stuff on youtube showing how to do it and I’m not on about the wrap it in a wet towel trick! Takes about an hour from start to finish and hardest part is splitting the case.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘X Box Red Ring Of Death’ is closed to new replies.