Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • wtf is smart casual.
  • U31
    Free Member

Leather soles, pledge polished to mirror shine and talc on the dance floor… 😉

Stick wi me kidda and i’ll really show ya dancing!

Excuse the scruffines, this was about 2.30am in to the last 3 floors of soul night, and i’d sweat a bit by that point!

Actually if it aint northern soul ill be wearing a soft soled fashion shoe, purely cause you can dance in them.. Back in the warehouse days it was traineees, mind..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Stick wi me kidda and i’ll really show ya dancing!

Pfft. I’m from London mate. We invented dancing… 8)

Later, the birds from TooTall’s do would get bored at the posturing peacocks and inane wittering, and wander down the road to find some proper geezers. Whereupon they would find me, and be so mesmerised by my twinkle toes, that they would probbly become pregnant. Thus leading to a widening of the gene pool, and lower a incidence of inbreeding…

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Seriously though; dress codes are divisive and simply serve as some sort of indicator of status,

Sometimes you have to smarten up a bit, because it’s convention, and you don’t want to cause embarrassment.

Aren’t those two statements contradictory? The reason there is a dress code might not be to keep undesirables out but to ensure no one is embarrassed by being either over or under dress.

As to what constitutes “Smart Casual” good luck defining that!

aracer
    Free Member

Is Jack Jones Jeff’s brother?

jacko54321
    Free Member

Dress like a golf player

U31
    Free Member

No, Alan’s

kimbers

Dress codes should be full on or not at all smart casual is the sign of a crappy club the only tome i dress up is weddings or ‘themed’ club nights some of the cooler clubs in london can be pretty random witj their dresscodes personally is go for some nice trainers or trainers that look like shoes some clean pressed new jeans and maybe a new tshirt

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Aren’t those two statements contradictory?

Totally. But something like a wedding, you’re expected to dress up smart, and it’s about someone else’s Big Day, so it’s just polite to adhere to a ‘code’, even if you don’t really want to. But a club is somewhere where you’re meant to realx and have fun, surely?

‘themed’ club nights some of the cooler clubs in london

[cough] Torture Garden, Kimbers? 😉 [/cough]

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘wtf is smart casual.’ is closed to new replies.