Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wtf – broken 4 cassette teeth – SRAM Red
  • MisterT

never seen steel cassette teeth broken off before… and just found that on my road bike there are 4 teeth missing from various sections of the cassette. it's about 2 years old, and I've never broken cassette teeth before, and normaly it takes many years to wear a steal road cassette out.. so these high tech milled SRAM Red cassettes are seriously over rated imo.

what worries me is that the stupidly expensive XX cassette is usng the same materials and method of manufacture and thus likely to be susceptable to same problems.

and before you jump to assume, nope, these missing teeth are in addition to the various places where the open-glide teeth are allready missing.

in fact the missing teeth are the ones directly in front of the OG spaces, thus on 4 of the gears I have places where there are 2 teath missing in a row, leaving just 3 or so teeth to do the job of engaging with the chain.

I think I'll be getting a DA cassette to replace it.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Maybe because they are race products before you start slating the manufacture of them. 🙄

Without trying to sound like I'm getting at you. 😐

njee20
    Free Member

My XX cassette's doing fine, although I've broken a couple of teeth on the big ring.

MisterT

So having returned the cassette to my LBS they phoned Fishers (UK SRAM distributor) and once Fishers have the cassette they will advise if it is a fault and thus under warranty. They sounded quite reasonable so fingers crossed. 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Is a bit crap that they would break like that

retro83
    Free Member

edit:d'oh didn't see your second post

MisterT

I'm glad to report that the world is a good place, that truth is a cleanser and that there is now ballance and harmony in my mental state.

(having sent back the cassette to Fishers via my LBS, a week later and bingo, a brand new cassette awaited my arrival at LBS, foc.)

one happy rider… thank you Fisher!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wtf – broken 4 cassette teeth – SRAM Red’ is closed to new replies.