Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • wrist question for the masses
  • skiboy
    Free Member

I broke my radius and ulnar 5 weeks back, things are going ok pending an op to whip out the ‘K’ wires on my ulnar, hopefully this will be early next week,

question for the masses is (keep forgetting to ask the registrar):

when I move my thumb to try and grip, i get a sprained feeling in my forearm, this in turn restricts the amount of pressure i can bring to bear with said thumb,

will this get better with time and exercise ??

I am currently wearing a removable cast so i can do 3 x 10mins hand and wrist exercises a day,

I was given no specifics for my thumb just told to do what i can with everything,

I don’t mind bending it until i get the sprained feeling but is this correct,

sorry for such a crap set of questions.

skiboy

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Good luck with the op!
    I smashed my wristlower/lower arm up pretty badly back in 2000 and had K-wires.
    I could hardly exert any pressure at all with my thumb and was genuinely worried it wouldn’t come back.
    I had some exercises to do whilst in a cast but struggled with them.
    It took maybe a month or so after the cast had come off before I could really get any slight pressure from my thumb, slowly though it all came back. I still struggle with the wrist though and it not sitting tight enough.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘wrist question for the masses’ is closed to new replies.