Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wow, what a difference!
  • anto164
    Free Member

What a difference a day makes.. Yesterday was horrible, massively high winds, rain showers everywhere, and pretty miserable.

So a mate and I went to the Marin Trail today, expecting to get destroyed by wind and soaked with rain.

Oh how we were wrong. Got to the far end of the trail, and it was gorgeous, not much wind, clear view of tryfan and it felt like we were the only people around for miles (and that we hadn’t seen anyone else on the trail!). Absolutely gorgeous! Had forgotten how beautiful snowdonia is in winter. Massive change from just riding the road bike! .

Had just realised that this topic title is pointless, anyway, hope everyone enjoyed their weekends riding!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Awesome. It has been very windy and wet here but I’ve been out on the road bike yesterday and today and somehow managed to get a tailwind for the majority of both rides. Its always worth going out on the bike.

bellerophon
    Free Member

Good init; anyways, shite days make the good ones better 😀

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Sunny but blowing a “Hoolie” down here on the Qtox…

RoterStern
    Free Member

I went boarding today and it was blowing a gale in the mountains with a proper snowstorm starting at around 3:30 just as we decided to head home. Lots of cars got blown off the road into deep snow drifts on the drive back. Back home, only 150kms away, it has just been p$%§g it down all day. 🙄

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I did a 60 mile road ride today 40 of that was into the wind. Pain was not the word. At one point we were peddling to get down a hill. 😯

andrewh
    Free Member

Just on the road bike this weekend. 102 miles yesterdy in a frankly embarrassing 6hr56m, and that was as fast as we could go!
    Did the same flat piece of road in two directions today, 37mph and running out of gears one way, 9mph the other, got blown off a different road twice when we had a cross wind! Only 70 miles but it was hard work.

Garry_Lager

Full Hoolie blowing in the peaks when I started today, was blown along rushup edge at a rate of knots. Did settle down later on, wouldn’t say the sun came out but it quietened down and was a decent ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wow, what a difference!’ is closed to new replies.