Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wound Up CX
  • 1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Need some new cx forks and came across the company Wound Up looked a bit different but know nothing about them. Anyone used their stuff any good? or can anyone recommend an alternative.

lucien

Had a pair on my CX bike for the last 5 years, had plenty of abuse and riding and I love them…..thay are totally awesome for a CX bike and recently surprised myself by riding my favourite off-road XC trails on my CX bike and they performed exceptionally well.

Bike shop fitted them at the time, it’s not like I hand picked them myself, just grown to love them

andylaightscat
    Free Member

got forks and seatpost on my 7 Axiom,it’s a roadbike by the way 😉 40k+ miles and just fine,forks not as stiff front/back as reynolds ones they were replaced by but very comfortable.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Wound up are Bloomin expensive!! I bought Winwood carbon muddy disc forks from a shop in Chicago and they look amazing, fantastic finish. Not managed a ride on em yet, just waiting for final part for the new build.

cynic-al
    Free Member

$500 are they ***ing us?

Kinesis DC 19 750gm £100 odd….sorted-ah!

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Kinesis DC 19 750gm £100 odd

Yeah there’s a reason for the price difference. Buy cheap, buy Shonky crap!

JoB
    Free Member

when they’re weren’t many carbon ‘cross forks around they were a viable option but now there are plenty of carbon forks that are cheaper, with more tyre/mud clearance and with less potential for brake judder

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. Mmm Brake judder thats whats put me of the Easton forks after someone at work had a set and moaned about brake judder 😕

BTW JoB haven’t you got an Enigma frame? How do you rate it.

JoB
    Free Member

just for balance, i had an CX Easton fork and never got judder

i have 2 Enigma frames 🙂 (steel road and steel SSCX) i love them both

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I guess its hit and miss on the judder front.

It was the steel road Elite I was looking at.

JoB
    Free Member

set up and also rider weight

i’ve had this for about 4 years, i it may not be the lightest, stiffest, fastest bike on the block but it still makes me smile every time i take it out

the people at Enigma are real nice to deal with when it comes to having a frame made

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Very nice JoB.

Met Jim Walker Thursday night he seemed very passionate and enthusiastic about his bikes, he said it was an Elite that he rides.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

judder is from poor brakes,pads and headset performance….go for a columbus paul milnes fork
    Bruce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wound Up CX’ is closed to new replies.