Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Would you sell…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

…your secondhand frame and/or fork to somebody in Portugal?

The guy has messaged me on Pinkbike and slightly worryingly appears to only have joined today, though perhaps that was after seeing my very reasonably priced advert.

Offering to pay via PP. I have said if I do sell then he can sort the courier out.

Part of me worried about being scammed by a spurious PP claim afterwards. Could this happen? Do I need to insist on PP gift?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

no defo not, steer clear….will claim its never arrived im sure!

lunge

Sounds dodgy.

I certainly wouldn’t let him sort out the courier, if you did sell it to him I would make sure I was in complete control.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I have an avoid pinkbike at all costs policy

yossarian
    Free Member

I sold a frame to a lad from Germany a year or two back. Totally sound, good comms etc

SaxonRider

Yeah, but he was German. Portugal is a banana republic.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

insist on a bacs transfer, should be safe enough once your bank confirms the monies have been received successfully

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

parcel2go mate online tracking too sent loads of stuff abroad ..even sent a £300 rear shock to remote Singapre island and took 4 days..Better service than the shabby UK he he ! 🙁

z1ppy

Isn’t the normal trick, that they send you back an empty box & use the ‘proof’ of delivery for paypal to get a refund?
    It may be he’s on the up & up, so a BAC’s payment maybe the safer form of payment (can’t be automatically recalled?)

matt_outandabout

No, walk away.

dan1980
    Free Member

I joined bikeradar just so that I could pm someone about a bike they had for sale, which he sold to me.

It all worked out, I guess you just have to make sure that he pays in a way that protects both you (In case he decides to be dodgy) and him (In case something does genuinely go wrong and the frame gets lost in transit).

Junkyard
    Free Member

i would not use PP unless it was a gift as it is too easy to scam afterwards.
    I would want the money in my hand with no way of it being clawed back personally as the risk to reward is not good IMHO
    Show them this thread 😉
    Shame we cant just trust peole though but imagine it is Senor Hora you sell to

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Would you sell…’ is closed to new replies.