Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • would you replace a Sirius with Bfe?
  • Baldysquirt

I currently ride a Pipedream Sirius (MK1) which I like alot, although I feel that with 140mm Pikes, big, heavy tyres and wide bars I’m perhaps taking it outside its comfort zone (although it hasn’t flinched up to now). Have been given the option to buy a new Bfe frame for not much money.

For Wharncliffe, Rivelin and Peak District riding (and further afield), will I notice an improvement or am I just thinking of a new bike for the sake of it. Will the geometry change much? It’s difficult to tell as they’re all measured in different ways.

Any thoughts or random opinion greatly appreciated.

Baldysquirt

Did I pick a bad time or a boring topic?

jasonm945
    Free Member

I’m sure you’ll notice a difference, but if you like the sirius then why swap?

On the other hand a change is as good as a rest…

Jay

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I have just built up a BFe. Only ridden it twice but I’m so far impressed. It replaced a Pace RC305 which was pretty darn stiff so the BFe adds that comfort factor. Never seen a Sirius in the flesh let along ridden one so I can’t compare.

The only drawback of the BFe that I can see is the added weight.

nacho
    Free Member

presuming you are swapping all kit over and the Bfe is cheap why not buy the Bfe and build it up, if you dno’t like it go back to the Sirius and sell the Bfe! 😀

karnali
    Free Member

i could be interested ihe sirius if it is a samll frame if thats aids the decision, i could also do a deal on a ti 456to tempt you away from the bfe

email in profile if at all interested

rob2
    Free Member

One for the mix – chumba hx1. Brilliant and only 299 at the moment. Ebb so easy to run singlespeed. Really comfy too

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It replaced a Pace RC305 which was pretty darn stiff so the BFe adds that comfort factor

Are you imagining things? The bfe is a 5 and a half pound steel frame, its isnt particularly comfortable.

Pieface

IMO you’ll just get used to the geometry, in the same way you would getting on a different bike. Once you’ve learned its foibles you’ll be good to go.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Are you imagining things? The bfe is a 5 and a half pound steel frame, its isnt particularly comfortable.

Eh? It’s way more comfy than the Pace. The current BFe is pretty trimmed down from it’s original. Spoke to the guys at Cotic before I bought it and they said the same vs the Pace.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** knows, Ive never ridden a Pace. But my BFe isnt particularly comfortable. Maybe I should let some air out of the rear tyre!

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Is it the original with the big fat stays or the new one with the trimmed down ones?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I did have an old one, that was stiff. I now have a new one, thats also stiff. I should probably get a soul.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Try a Pace, then you’ll know about uncomfortable…

Baldysquirt

Cheers folks. Not sure that has helped at all; although why I expected it to I don’t know ;-). I have always fancied a Bfe because they look so nice. I can build it up as the burlyish trail bike and bung some rigid forks and skinny tyres on the sirius for nipping around and commuting on. Sounds like a plan.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I ride one cos they’re quite nippy and fun, if you get one make sure you use some reasonably light parts and a shortish travel fork.

If you put loads of heavy stuff on it and some 150mm+ forks it sort of bypasses the best bits about it. You may aswell just buy any burly hardtail frame if you just want to plough through stuff.

elgee
    Free Member

Have you guys got any pics of yours ? 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘would you replace a Sirius with Bfe?’ is closed to new replies.