Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Worth a Punt – Giant Trance 06 ebay?
  • Janesy
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Bit pricey.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Oh dear lord……………..

ianpv
    Free Member

here we go…

wwaswas

I don't rofl very often but;

rofl @ this thread.

greeble
    Free Member

if you buy this bike i have a tip for you, you have to check to see if the angry donkey have been removed from the bike, its well know in these sort of frames. here's how to do it

Remove your rear shock and run your rear end through it,s travel gently. The action should be smooth and consistent and should require any real force. If it,s not consider how much better your riding experience would be if your frame wasn,t a cross between a donkey and a pogo stick with wheels, EEEE AAAWWW!!.Get it sorted and keep it pinned or hold on tight it,s gonna be a rough ride and a hard landing. EEEE AAAWWW!! Angry donkey strikes again!

ianpv
    Free Member

Janesy, in case you're wondering what is going on here as a new member, you probably won't have seen that this ebay seller has divided opinion on this board. Hence curious comments.

But, as the one sensible answer suggests, it is a bit pricey – I just bought an 06 trance frame with new bearings and a serviced shock for £150, that was a 'mate's rate' but not too far below market value.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Have a look on Pauls cycles website for deals on complete Giant Trances.For example you could buy a Trance X5 for £850.
    If you want just the frame sell the excess bits here on the classifieds.
    Good way of getting a new frame,with added peace of mind for not much more than you`d pay for a secondhand one.

sobriety
    Free Member

I guess it didn't sell in green then…

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Jeez.. I only paid £25 more for a brand new one direct from Giant! With an RP3 too.
    But I guess it hadn't been "tuned" by a pro..

Janesy
    Free Member

HAHA i did read a thread a few weeks ago about this guy.
    Think i will hold off the whole ebay thing. Might buy a complete then sell off parts as suggested.

thanks! : – )

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Also the new ones are 5" not 4", and about 2 pounds lighter, muuuuch stiffer, and not likely to make you vomit each time you see it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Worth a Punt – Giant Trance 06 ebay?’ is closed to new replies.