Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • "worst 'big' film I've ever seen" thread – Take 2
  • Harry_the_Spider

No idea what happened to the first thread.

Cougar – Member
    I think perhaps there’s mileage in a “worst ‘big’ film I’ve ever seen” thread…?

For you.

Cinematic monkey-custard

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Big wasn’t very good.

saleem
    Free Member

Clash of the titans and to make it worse I paid extra to see the film in 3D

binners

I’ve never seen it Harry, but I’m guessing in this version the Americans won

argyle
    Free Member

I don’t usually like documentaries but pearl harbor was great, very informative

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Supersize Me was okay though.

z1ppy

Independance day, Lost in translation come to mind.. and I refuse to watch titanic/pearl harbour/perfect storm and am not convince “there will be blood” would be worth it…

Cougar

For you.

Hah. Bless.

Categorically, the worst film I’ve ever watched, by a country mile, was Open Water.

It was just so p155 poor on so many levels. The two main characters are completely bland; I’d say they were immediately dislikeable, but they weren’t that good. The camera work makes The Blurred Witch Project look professional. The plot is absolutely non-existent (two people go on holiday, get lost in the ocean, argue a bit, get nibbled at by sharks, the end). There is *nothing* in the way of plot twists, character development, anything at all to hold your interest unless you have a “two people floating around a bit” fetish. The most exciting bit of the entire film was one of them having a wee.

vinnyeh

Big wasn’t very good.

Big wasn’t very good in either of the Sex and the City films.
    TV series he was ok though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

2012 Utter pish

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No, Cougar is right.

Open Water, a film so pointless I’ve blanked it from my memory. It’s a true story you know… 2 people go diving, boat leaves them behind… why didn’t they just finish with the ‘known’ part of the true story?!

Inception was rubbish as well.

nbt

Natural Born Killers. Went to sleep rather than carry on watching

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Inception was disappointing (nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is)
    Lord of the Rings (I wanted the hobbits dead)
    Avatar (still trying to figure out how I got dragged to it)

big_scot_nanny

2nd vote for 2012!! utter and total gash. Not even enjoyable in ‘turn your brain off and enjoy the ride’ way like Armageddon or Day After Tomorrow, just complete and utter crap. I am actually getting annoyed thinking about it!

Kev

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

darcy, my precious, I’ll agree with you on the waste of life that is Lord of the Rings.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sc-gS9AqM[/video]

backhander
    Free Member

Titanic. dreadful. 3+ hours of my life I’ll never get back.

younggeoff

Tron Legacy – felt cheated really been looking forward to it too 🙁

verses

Independence Day for me too. Before seeing it I had somehow gained the impression that it was supposed to be ‘the next Close Encounters’.

It’s fair to say I was disappointed…

AlasdairMc

yup, 2012 was horrific.

Pearl Harbour was rubbish, but the 45 minute bombing scene was spectacular. It’s just a pity that what was bolted on before and after it was so bad.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

‘The Core’

One day i will hunt down the writers, directors’ and producers and make them pay for making a mockery of my science.

I now rate all bad films on ‘The Core Scale’ of 0 to 1.

Zero being any remotely watch-able film and 1 being ‘the core’

For example ‘2012’ achieved a mighty 0.87 on ‘the core scale’ for its faux science and combinations of a) low flying planes, b) jumping cars, and c) cars jumping from low flying planes.

grievoustim
    Free Member

watched it recently – its like 2 hours of watching a dog crossing a busy motorway, and not getting hit for the whole 2 hours

think the same person made Independce Day, Godzilla, the Day After Tomorrow and 2012

I guess they are able to keep making films because they make lots of money – but please won’t somebody think of the children?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Rise of the Silver Surfer. Utter utter pap and I am usually a sucker for pointless super hero movies.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Inception. Was told it was brilliant but it bored me senseless.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Alexander, Inception, 2012, Avatar, Titanic, Terminator Inception all hyped up only to be big let downs.

chakaping
    Free Member

The Hobbit bromance was the best bit about LOTR, but any of those three films were classics compared to Peter Jackson’s King Kong.

How does he manage to make you not care a bit about any of his characters at all? It’s quite an achievement.

chakaping
    Free Member

Having heard that Avatar was an overblown load of old tosh, I actually quite enjoyed it.

At least it was fast-paced and didn’t have too much soppy stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

Highlander by miles.
    Then Independence Day, or was it Armageddon?
    Those Harrison Ford films where he’s a CIA hero or something. Appalling.
    Con-Air ( 🙂 ) of course.
    Anything, and I mean ANYTHING with Tom Hanks in.

I liked Open Water, maybe I should add it to the other thread!

thebunk

Speed 2 and Dick Tracy for me.

I don’t reckon 2012 counts – they made it that bad on purpose surely?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Cougar and TSY – I agree, Open Water was truly shocking, I was rooting for the sharks from the very beginning but even the end short changed us as you didn’t get to see the people get eaten. 😥

How anyone can dislike the Lord of the Rings films is beyond me. It’s like saying Star Wars is rubbish, or Indiana Jones or something.

I’ve just nipped out and got The Wrestler, Omega Man, Predator 2 and the original Clash of the Titans on my dinner break, woop woop!

verses

I enjoyed the LotR films the first time I saw them, but find them unwatchable now.

DaRC_L

MI1 – I was brought up on the Mission Impossible TV series and the film was just dull carp in so many ways.

Troy – I can get angry just thinking about it.

legend
    Free Member

oh this is easy – 2012 by a long long way!

jeffl

Spider Man 3 – Should have been good brain out film. In reality absolute pap

Robin Hood – The Russell Crow one. Dear god what was going on with his accent. Even the action scenes weren’t that good. And the final beach battle was utter pap. Oh look we’ve got them trapped on a beach and the only place they can escape is a small up-hill path. I know let’s not just kill them with arrows, let’s instead meet them on their own ground.

Transformers 2 – Proof that it is possible to get bored of giant robots fighting.

derek_starship
    Free Member

+6 for 2012.

I was REALLY looking forward to this film and it failed to deliver anything except dog turds on toast.

Lost in Translation is also utter pointlessness.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Mission Impossible was almost impossible to watch.

DezB
    Free Member

Mission Impossible 2 was worse

willard

JFK – The only film I have ever fallen asleep in. it must be bad.

Alternatively, the new release of “The Punisher”. I have paid good money to rent it twice now and both times I have failed to finish watching it because it is completely sh1t. Total rubbish. Toss. Junk.

I figure that the production company owes me the cost of those two rents back.

MrsToast
    Free Member

The last Pierce Brosnan Bond film. God that was awful.

Alien Vs Predator.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Oh, and Paranormal Activity. The two main characters were so utterly unlikeable I was rooting for the key-moving demonic raptor that lived in the attic.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘"worst 'big' film I've ever seen" thread – Take 2’ is closed to new replies.