Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Worrying developments……
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It appears that the “youth of today” are embracing 1980s fashion….Only last night I espied a hip young thing clad in denim jacket and tight jeans, topped off with a Flock of Seagulls-esque quiff and a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers.

This is not good.

grynch
    Free Member

… and I saw KISS tshirts for sale on the high street yestd.

Stoner
    Free Member

I saw white socks, black shoes and denim jeans on a Music Video on TV this morning. I had to double look to check it wasnt a Madness vid.

mt
    Free Member

flock of seagulls, cool! Had one of though hair cuts in blue, I thought it was great, girls loved it. It would be true to say that I looked a pillock, oh to young again.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ve got tickets to see Human League in Theford forest later this year 🙂

I shall not be wearing 80’s gear though. Should be a laugh.

Will we have a return to girls with massive hairdos, ‘boob tubes’ and short ‘puff ball’ skirts though?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will we have a return to girls with massive hairdos, ‘boob tubes’ and short ‘puff ball’ skirts though

Fluorescent towelling socks have also been sighted on the mean streets of Salisbury recently……I fear it is only a matter of time.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Top shop are selling a Kylie & Jason (or should that be a Scott & Charlene) t-shirt.

duntmatter
    Free Member

No no no! Don’t you see? It’s all ironic. So it’s OK. 😛

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The current ladies fashion in the city appears to be skirts of gusset exposing length.

So it’s not all bad!

matt_outandabout

Luminous laces seem ‘in’ round here again…

trailmonkey

Given your love of spandex wrapped, mullet rock Cap’n, I’m suprised you’re not welcoming a return to the decade that taste forgot 😉

slugwash
    Free Member

Only last night I espied a hip young thing clad in denim jacket and tight jeans, topped off with a Flock of Seagulls-esque quiff and a pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers.

You want to get out a bit more CFH and stop spending all evening in front of your mirror 😉

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Developments? Jesus do you people ever leave your bubbles? The “kids” have been at this for the best part of 5 years at least.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m suprised you’re not welcoming a return to the decade that taste forgot

I remeber in the 80s, we said exactly the same about the 70s Fashion goes in cycles. Kids wear what their parents did when they were young. The 80s thing has been going for years now. Some of you lot must walk round with your eyes shut!
    🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Indeed, MrGnar. The 80s influence has been on the go for a good while now. Most disturbing. Da-glo does not suit anyone. Not even models can make it look half decent.

chakaping
    Free Member

Even more worrying, most of the offenders in London seem to ride those deadly “fixie” contraptions.

Maybe that’s natural selection at work though?

Cheesyfeet – Human League are brilliant live, I saw them a couple of years ago at a festival. Great atmosphere, everyone singing along to Together in Electric Dreams for the encore.

🙂

trailmonkey

I remember in the 80s, we said exactly the same about the 70s

That is true. I think it’s a generational thing. We used to look at the 70’s as being naff and kitsch, then we got all nostalgic and dewy eyed about Spangles and Space Hoppers. I’m sure that the 80’s will have it’s nostalgic renaissance too, but no-one is ever going to tell me that mullets were cool.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Chapaking – would that have been V? We saw them there & the whole tent emptied singing ‘Don’t you want me baby’, much to the amusement of the youngsters milling around!

Guilliano
    Free Member

Mullets were cool for the “anti-coolness” lot…. but then they got cool so the “anti-cool” lot got rid and then they weren’t cool any more cos the “anti-cool” lot were cool and had lost the mullets so the cool people had to as well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had a wonderful mullet once.

chakaping
    Free Member

Chapaking – would that have been V?

Benicassim in Spain, luckily all the teenagers buggered off to try to see the Arctic Monkeys at the same time, so I could get right down the front.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I had a wonderful mullet once.

No, that was just a very hairy back, Peter.

You back then? Nice Honeymoon?

trailmonkey

Can I just point out that the words ‘mullet’ and ‘wonderful’ are mutually exclusive.

marsdenman
    Free Member

uh-oh – can only be a matter of time until

‘Franky Says…..’ t-shirts re-appear then.

That, Sir, would not be A Good Thing

Thus spake MarsdenMan – former wearer of drainpipe jeans whilst sporting a silly long and bleached quiff…. and an ickle tail of hair at the back of my head, bleached and occasionally platted o’course …… 🙄

<awaits call from The Hague ref crimes of fashion> …….

darrell
    Free Member
    therevokid
    Free Member

AARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ….. no, my ears …. help :-]

Although I was one of the mulleted pony tailed oddities !!

mamadirt
    Free Member

marsdenman – Member

uh-oh – can only be a matter of time until

‘Franky Says…..’ t-shirts re-appear then.

Already have marsdenman 😉 . Can’t remember where I saw them – may have been Top Shop.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

do you really want the 80’s back

Yes please!

Ooohh….

emac65
    Free Member

Only last night I espied a hip young thing clad in denim jacket and tight jeans

Think you’ll find those items of clothing have been about for several decades & just keep coming back,because you just can’t keep good clothes down !

<Goes off to dig out 15yr Levi jacket out of loft>I knew it would come back in fashion one day 8)

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’ve just been looking at the topshop website to find them mamad. My eyes hurt.

oomidamon

Does this mean we’ll all be wearing Bula hats and Mint Sauce tees soon?

andyfla
    Free Member

uh-oh – can only be a matter of time until ‘Franky Says…..’ t-shirts re-appear then.

Funnily enough I saw one at the weekend on a girl in Barcelona , they must be ahead of us

mudshark
    Free Member

The top rated mullet on http://www.ratemymullet.com

Chevin
    Free Member

I used to have a Bula hat! no peak or brim. I thought it was ace. I seem to remember they were compulsory at NEMBA races along with listening to KLF.

I aso used to ride in a Etto helmet complete with ears! All a long time in the past…..

Matthew

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No, that was just a very hairy back, Peter.

No. It was a mullet. This I know

You back then? Nice Honeymoon?

What do you think? I’m either still in Italy, but rather talk dodgy 80s hair to you bunch of reprobates than spend time with my lovely wife, or bored out of my little tiny mind at work again…..
    😉

For the record, it was a tough week in Sicily, and you missed a great reception and virtually unlimited free beer, champers, wine, food, cake, and dancing.

😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ohh, hows the head?

miketually
    Free Member

The 80s stuff has been coming back in for a while. Pretty sure I’ve seen a Franki Says… T-shirt on a student at work, though I’m not old enough to remember them first time round 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Wear what you want these days as long as you’re in shape you’ll look great in anything-nearly.

I love 70’s stuff.

Oh gawd 80’s tight trousers and white socks=Wacko Jacko…he he ee ooh!

Oh dea…

mamadirt
    Free Member

mrsflash – Member

I’ve just been looking at the topshop website to find them mamad. My eyes hurt.

Hmmm, maybe it wasn’t topshop then. Now where else did I go on Saturday . . . Peacocks? 😳

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ohh, hows the head?

Well, I had mild concussion for a couple of days, and need a new helmet, but the worst injury was me shoulder, which is still giving me gip. Woke up in pain last night, and needed painkillers to try and sleep. Going docs tomoz.

Sounds like a right boring do, your wedding…

Gutted I missed it. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Worrying developments……’ is closed to new replies.