Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Worktops – ideas please
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m making a spare room into a project-room-come-home-lab. We were looking at using black 28mm worktops but then came across the thought of using something like black conti board and glazing over it for a nice shiny modern look. Any more ideas and places that sell worktops and/or conti style board reasonably cheaply?

emanuel
    Free Member

go to the remainders section of ikea,always plenty of kitchen worktops there.seem quite good quality.and cheap.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Couldn’t see any in the bargains/clearance section, at least not any that wasn’t smashed half to bits. Maybe I need to find out what day they put them out!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt cont board would wear well, nor would a hand-applied finish.

28mm is not expensive at B and Q?

coffeeking
    Free Member

The normal satin-y black finish is cheap enough (28mm is about 20 quid for 3m iirc) but that’s the only one that’s sanely priced.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’ve searched other retailers? I’d be surprised if there wasn’t much choice at low prices.

But I prefer not to compromise too much on cost for house stuff-it’s permanent and a pita to change.

wwaswas

“home-lab”

😯

coffeeking, earlier;

Taff
    Free Member

Try Ikea. I have 28mm butchers block which I’ve made into long desks etc and that was quite cheap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Worktops – ideas please’ is closed to new replies.