Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Workstand headsup ;)
  • rich-6
    Free Member

Just been into edinburgh bicycle today, They are selling bike workstands off at £50

If you log onto CRC its the same as this one only black and with a different brand on it

I got one anyway 😀

jonb
    Free Member

Been using one for years and like it.

Eric_S
    Free Member

Many thanks – been looking to buy one. Just ordered one with free delivery 🙂

tony_m
    Free Member

Thanks rich-6 – I've also been looking to get a workstand for a while. Ordered one at 2:15pm today (Monday), had email to say it'll be delivered (free) on Wednesday. 🙂

finners

Just bought one. fingers crossed……

rich-6
    Free Member

I'm not allowed it til christmas 😯

ah wel at least santa can bring it to me 😆

Northwind

I was looking at that at the weekend, not as nice as my minoura but still looks solid. Big park-style clamp. Don't think you can go far wrong really.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Do these fold down small?

happysv
    Free Member

I had this stand and paid £45 for it from ribble cycles a few year back.
    It was somewhat unstable ,ie if you clamped the seat post and took the back wheel of a full sus bike it would tend to topple over.
    As long as you know this its fine but I bought a steel Park stand which is solid and does not topple over.

happysv
    Free Member

Andy M – Member
    Do these fold down small?

Yes they do fold down small

grumm
    Free Member

It was somewhat unstable ,ie if you clamped the seat post and took the back wheel of a full sus bike it would tend to topple over.

Sounds like you didn't set it up properly – my bike is pretty heavy and never comes anywhere near making it topple over when taking wheels off etc

I'm very pleased with mine – might get the tool tray thing to go with it.

Orangeanorak
    Free Member

I want a wall mounted one for the garage.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mehhhhhhhhhhhhh………….

£30 in decathlon for an under the BB style one,

Much more stable, would take quite a push to get it over!

Only problem is it doesn't look like the ones in bike shops so therefore uncool.

D0NK

Oh yeah decathlon one looks pretty good, tilt-able I presume? and are those guards for stopping forks swinging about?
    I got the CRC one from LBS last year £60ish, pretty good and packs down small. Can't say I've noticed it being unstable unless you don't do the QR up properly – and you only do that once. 😳

grumm
    Free Member

Only problem is it doesn't look like the ones in bike shops so therefore uncool.

My mate had one of the decathlon ones but when he got a new bike (meta 5.5) it wouldn't work with it – something to do with the shape/size of the BB.

The one in the OP is very versatile too – easy to get the bike at pretty much any angle/height you might want.

robgarrioch

Thanks for the nod rich-6, might have a look at one this weekend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Workstand headsup ;)’ is closed to new replies.