Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • 'working' week length?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

I am contracted to work 37.5 hrs doing shifts 5 days a week .

However just been offered a job that pays more and is 4 days on 6 days off, which is 12 hr shifts 2xdays then 2xnights when on. Downside is its a rolling pattern so involves weekends etc . Positives more money, family time and obviously ride time.

_tom_
    Free Member

I reckon I’d do that, 6 days off in a row would be awesome! You do get used to working some weekends, so long as its not all the time it doesn’t get too demoralising 🙂

sandal100

3 x 12 hours on a 3 on, 5 off shift pattern. Will be doing 72 hours this week, could’ve done 84 but knocked back a shift.

sandal100

bigbloke – Member
    I am contracted to work 37.5 hrs doing shifts 5 days a week .

However just been offered a job that pays more and is 4 days on 6 days off, which is 12 hr shifts 2xdays then 2xnights when on. Downside is its a rolling pattern so involves weekends etc . Positives more money, family time and obviously ride time.

You should check its not 4 on 4 off in summer! Some do 4 on 6 off in winter and 4 on 4 off in summer to cover holidays

bigbloke
    Free Member

Its not i already work for the same company, just on a different site.

LoCo
    Free Member

Was doing 70+ hour weeks when started business, sometimes with races a weekends so up to 6 weeks without a day off.

Have scaled that back a bit now as have 2 children under 4 and I’d like to see them, had Exposure 12/24 last weekend so looking forward to a day off tomorrow!

smell_it
    Free Member

My formal job is nursing 30 hours per week which i do in 12 hour shifts so 2 or 3 a week. I also do up and rent properties with my brother and a friend, and time dedicated to this can vary greatly. We have also got a micro brewery off the ground, this is great fun, and physically only takes about a days labour per week between the 5 of us doing it, but we are all spending a bit more time doing promotions etc and generally having a bit of a laugh with it.

stimpy
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – up at 5.30am/6am each morning, working from around 7am onwards, break for total of a couple of hours between then and 6pm ish (for dinner, with family) then back working from 9pm ish until the small hours.

Repeat Mon-Fri and work evenings Sat and Sun.

If I knew being a lawyer was this glamorous before I started, I might’ve picked another career.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘'working' week length?’ is closed to new replies.