• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by doh.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • working visa for canada.
  • doh
    Free Member

is it possible to get a 1yr working holiday visa type thing if you are over 30.

greggparker9
    Free Member

As far as I’m aware, no. You have to enter Canada before your 31st birthday. There might be other types of visa you can get but for working holiday I don’t think so.

Taff
    Free Member

Depends if you are consider skilled or not. I looked at it a few years ago so can’t quite remember the deal.

doh
    Free Member

it was more to get a resort job and spend this winter boarding and then summer biking about the place. got a mate who is now a resident in BC would be staying with him and he says work is no prob just that the visas for me (over 30) look a bit more geared towards “proper” jobs

greggparker9
    Free Member

Also I think you can get in to ‘study’ too. I’m sure there are courses you can enrol in and pay for just for the visa. Not exactly legit but depends how bad you want to go!!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

portlyone

My brother works over there at a golf course and is 32. I think he said he needed to apply before his 31st. I do know they weren’t bothered with the deadlines for your visa applications, they kept putting it back and back and back…

greggparker9
    Free Member

I spent last winter working at a ski resort in BC on a working holiday visa. Getting work is easy once you are there but the pay isn’t great. The working holiday scheme is closed for this year (all visas gone) last year the reopened a limited number of applications in early September, they haven’t done that this year. The visas used to be issued through a 3rd party company (Bunac) but this year they are doing it all in house. I’m not sure when the new quota of visas for 2012 will be released but if you keep an eye on the link I posted it should say there. If you can get in and have a skilled job then you can look for sponsorship to stay, they have also increased the allowance for Brits from 1 working holiday visa to 2, but that probably won’t help you as if you get one by the time the second one comes around you’ll be too old!

mikey74
    Free Member

As far as I understand it, if you are over 30/31 you have to have a company offer you a job and be willing to sponsor your work visa.

I would be happy for someone to prove otherwise as I would love to move there permanently, but being a 30 + architectural technician means that I need a company to give me a job before they will let me into the country, which is easier said than done from here in the UK.

doh
    Free Member

As far as I understand it, if you are over 30/31 you have to have a company offer you a job and be willing to sponsor your work visa.

I would be happy for someone to prove otherwise as I would love to move there permanently, but being a 30 + architectural technician means that I need a company to give me a job before they will let me into the country, which is easier said than done from here in the UK.

that is what i kinda figured, being over 30 and wanting a visa is sort of an egg and chicken thing most places want you to have a visa to apply and i need a job to get a visa.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘working visa for canada.’ is closed to new replies.