Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Working for Accenture or Capgemini
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Seeing both Capgemini and Accenture advertising for management consultants in an area that I have expertise/knowledge and I’m quite tempted to apply to them. I’ve not had huge experience of massive global organisations like them, so I can’t decide if it’s a good idea or not. I’m worried about being forced to work stupid hours for money that is good, but not great (i.e. when you look at the real hourly rate).

Am I right to be wary? Or should I just suck it up seeing as I am out of work just now?

bazep
    Free Member

From personal experience of having worked closely with both org’s I would work for Cap but not Accenture. The work ethic in Acc is pretty brutal until you are at partner level – work/life balance doesn’t figure highly. Having said that it is a very well oiled machine and impressive to see in action so the experience you would gain would be very good and possibly worth the pain in the long run.
    Cap are a different beast altogether, although it depends which area you’re in (used to be well seperated OS/TS/Consulting – but their trying to integrate the offerings more). businesses like these will generally be fairly high pressure for results anyway but Cap has always been a reasonably freindly place.

anjs
    Free Member

have been a customer of accenture they are a comple nighmare to deal with and unless you are prepared to sell your soul I would not bother.

thepurist

Some people love Accenture’s style but it’s pretty hard – suits the ambitious types who are into their career building and want to ‘make it’ (ie. have a big house and fancy car but be burned out before they hit 35) but probably less so for anyone who wants to work to live. When I looked at them (a few years ago, back in the AC days) it was very much up or out as well, though they did seem to offer a lot of support to those who were on the way out. I decided not to bother back then, despite getting badgered by a few people I knew who worked there & going in for a chat.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Interesting feedback about being a customer of Accenture.

Sounds like Cap is worth pursuing a wee bit further then perhaps.

I know I’m asking about the length of a piece of rope, but any idea of money for a “mid-weight” consultant?

bazep
    Free Member

It will very much depend on the area you cover and their need to fill any gaps in that area. Plus what you are on now/were on, plus what additional value you could bring (clients, client contacts, etc). In short – I’ve nae clue!

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

That’s a good point – to what extent are the consultants supposed to sell as well as deliver client work?

mrmo
    Free Member

as a recipient of c(r)ap gemini’s help, that is all i am going to say.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Is it permanent or contract? Where are you going to be based?

captain_bastard
    Free Member

have been a customer of accenture they are a comple nighmare to deal with and unless you are prepared to sell your soul I would not bother.

also had customer experience – no trust involved, won’t scratch their arse without the lawyers drafting a contract – I can only imagine what it’s like to work for them

warton
    Free Member

I’m on the services workforce at Accenture (project based, so we don’t move aroundfrom project to project). Consultants on my project put in big hours, and you will be moved around the country and maybe further afield, but if you put in the hours and take on extra responsibilities it seems the rewards are pretty good.

Ewan
    Free Member

I work for the big A. Drop me a mail if you want a honest pros/cons chat – ewan at ewanpanter dot co dot uk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Working for Accenture or Capgemini’ is closed to new replies.