Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Work emails on iPhone. How?
  • FFJA
    Free Member

Firstly I’m fairly hopeless at IT!

I used to have my work emails and calendar set up on my phone but somehow I deleted them and am now struggling to set it up again….

I enter all the details but the phone asks for a server and I have no idea what I’m supposed to put in that box!?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers!

iolo
    Free Member

Ask you works IT department

FFJA
    Free Member

Yep it’ll probably come to that I was just hoping for an easy way of salvaging it this evening. I’m sure I didn’t have to put anything special in before! Strange!

br
    Free Member

Wait for someone on STW to say they can help you, next thing they’ve configured their own phone to get your emails 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did you backup your phone to iTunes ? If so you could try a restore as the backup may have the details required. However this is a bit risky as you may lose other info. Simplest is to wait for your IT department and you can make a note of the details then if you wish

Cougar

Yeah.

Basically you need to enter details of your work’s email server, if you don’t have this then it’s a call to IT. It’s almost certainly not something we could guess unless your work’s email is Gmail or some such.

FFJA
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks folks. It’s local government (fire service) so will probably have to wait until tomorrow. No worries, cheers all.

Greybeard
    Free Member

If you have any work colleagues who access their email from their own devices, you could ask them?

tetchypete
    Free Member

I use an iPhone app called OWA. It works with my work outlook account and keeps work emails separate from my personal ones which I like.

leffeboy

On the iphone some work email also seems to use an external app to ensure security eg, to make sure that things like swype aren’t intercepting what you are typing. Is possible you deleted that all bout knowing what it was for and lost your email at the same time. Your IT folks will sort it

onehundredthidiot

Nah. Don’t bother. Have some time for yourself. Don’t get drawn into the easy option of people from work being able to communicate with you when you’re not there. My work brought in a number generator thing that you need to login. Easy to leave it at work and so not “just quickly check my emails” when I should be living.

molgrips
    Free Member

Make sure it’s within your company’s policy. Unless it’s a phone they’ve supplied, it probably won’t be. And it definitely shouldn’t be.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Make sure it’s within your company’s policy. Unless it’s a phone they’ve supplied, it probably won’t be. And it definitely shouldn’t be.

@molgrips
    not true at all, last few companies I’ve worked for allow personal emails on personal phones and tablets. They have tended to use secure servers / VPNs but definitely allowed

molgrips
    Free Member

If it’s allowed it should be properly planned and secured – as I said, check policy.

allfankledup

Work is moving towards the use of Good and the BYOD model.

Personally I prefer to carry a blackberry for work to provide me with a degree of separation between work and home life.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s allowed in our company but you have to install a load of their software and use their sim…

Drac

Same with ours Molgrips uses a an app to allow connection by mail. It’s only allowed on work phones and not personal.

My work phone is neve fsr from me, I want my staff to know I’m available if really needed. If I don’t wish to be bothered I can ignore it.

FFJA
    Free Member

It’s all perfectly legit folks don’t worry, part of my role is that I’m emailed regarding ongoing jobs as well as paged so I have it set up on personal phone as well as work one to make sure I don’t miss them.

Drac

Check the server details on your work phone then.

gregsd
    Free Member

I work for a Local Authority and we use Good on work phones and BYOD.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Work emails on iPhone. How?’ is closed to new replies.