Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Work dress codes…
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member
    geoffj

Using tie knots that don’t match your face shape and/or body shape

😯

redthunder
    Free Member

Not me I might add, I wouldn’t been dead in those boots.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Attention to detail that reminds me a little of American Psycho…

Oggles
    Free Member

The old geezer appears to be breaking the rules and wearing a shirt that requires cufflinks.

ourmaninthenorth

“The goal is for clients to immediately know that they are at UBS when they are entering the bank,”

Presumably they are dispensing with all signage on the outside and inside of the branches.

I’m not sure Naomi Klein had this in mind when she wrote No Logo.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i am lucky if i manage to remember pants, shirt and trousers on the same day!! 😯

wwaswas

I work at home.

I try to at least put a dressing gown on before I sit down each day, it feels a bit ‘odd’ talking to colleagues and customers with no kit on (especially since we started doing video conferences).

kimbers

whats the point of dressing nice if you have a complexion like The Emporers!
    plastic surgery for that ubs guy

jon1973
    Free Member

it feels a bit ‘odd’ talking to colleagues and customers with no kit on (especially since we started doing video conferences).

You only need to dress the top half of your body for video conferencing.

fadda

Jon1973 – until you forget, and stand up to fetch something…

wwaswas

I did lie a bit about the video thing. 😳

the rest is true though. 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Very “formal” in this home office.

We wear day time clothes and even shoes.

Usually.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I work in the IT dept of a manufacturing company. I never meet any customers and rarely meet any suppliers; I haven’t been to any of our other sites for about a year.

When I started the job 10 years ago, I would wear a suit & tie. Eventually the suit jacket was replaced with something more relaxed, and eventually the tie disappeared as well. Two days this week I wore black jreans & a plain polo shirt (stop sniggering at the back!). Nobody said anything, but I didn’t feel “right”. Today I reverted to suit trousers and a proper shirt.

Weird. But I suppose when I get home, I like to change out of my ‘office clothes’ and switch off completely

br
    Free Member

Black knee-high socks are preferable as they prevent showing bare skin when crossing legs, it says.

Does a certain US cyclist work for UBS?

MrsToast
    Free Member

“Light makeup consisting of foundation, mascara and discreet lipstick … will enhance your personality,”

I’m fairly certain my personality remains fairly constant regardless of how much Max Factor I plaster on, I’m not Jem.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i wear my toes slipper socks at work.

i win.

BigJohn

A male bus driver at our local company got a warning for wearing shorts during the hot spell last summer so turned up in a skirt the next day. Because skirts are official uniform he carried on wearing it for weeks and became a bit of a local celebrity.

D0NK

thats brilliant big john 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

Big IT company here
    – Suited and booted if meeting customers I don’t know.
    – Various stages of smart or smart casual for meeting customers I do know (depending largely on what they wear, or what we are going to be doing – meeting vs. actually working)
    – In the office with no clients around – there aren’t any rules… generally I wear jeans, t-shirt and trainers, with a jumper if the ridiculous heating is ever turned down.

Lots of people dress in suits, but I can’t be arsed. There is a strong correlation between the ‘casually dressed’ and the ‘competent’. Beware the technical staff who are too dressed up, they tend to be compensating for a lack of skill (caveat: here at least, can’t speak for other workplaces).

Dave

Sandwich

Old UBS bloke has also dyed his hair so that’s 2 strikes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Work dress codes…’ is closed to new replies.