Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • WordPress help please – simple form editor
  • bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve spent all evening messing about with plugins – looking for something very simple. I just want to be able to create forms easily – don’t need the data to be emailed or collected in a database, just sent via GET or POST when the submit button is pressed.

At the moment I write the forms by hand for my order system, but it’s a bit of a pain – even having just buttons in the WordPress editor to add form elements would be a big help, but can’t find any way of doing that.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks 😉

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Just click the “add contact form” button on the new post/page screen. You can edit all the fields until it does exactly what you want it. Plenty of options without a plugin.

bencooper
    Free Member

That just seems to do what all the other plugins do – stores the inputs in a database and emails them to me. I don’t want that, I want it to simply send the form to an external script using POST or GET, the way a simple HTML form does.

I think I might have to resort to writing my own plugin or something…

bencooper
    Free Member

That all seems to be about passing data to other WP pages. I don’t want to do that. I just want to design simple forms where I can select the form action. What I have is an online order system – the system uses a form to select options for bikes, that form gets submitted to the shopping cart system, which does the next stages (taking address, payment etc) outside of WP.

I think I might resort do doing the forms in Dreamweaver and pasting in – seems a bit daft to have to do that through.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘WordPress help please – simple form editor’ is closed to new replies.