Have Pace Gone Bust?

Home Forum Bike Forum Have Pace Gone Bust?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Have Pace Gone Bust?
  • bikeneil

What are you after?

Pace don’t seem to have had any activity on their website for ages. Have they gone bust?
    The online shop is still running but they don’t seem to have much in stock?

I was just currious to see if they had any new frames out. Always liked the look of Pace frames. The service reports (and the price if I’m honest) put me off in the past.

matther01

Been waiting for the RC275…but not heard a peep. Website has been the same since Jan

thepodge

I think they’ve been putting all their energy into the Sutton bank project but did mention a carbon 29er prototype was stolen the other day so they are still developing stuff. It’d be a great shame to see such a forward thinking company slowly dissappear

Premier Icon benji
    Subscriber

They are still in existence, was in there the other month, as has been posted above just been busy setting up Sutton Bank, then they are keen to get on with getting some new stuff out there.

_Ben_

By coincidence, I’m after some gaiter seals for a set of RC41XCAM forks…

Premier Icon superdan
    Subscriber

I thought that the forks bit of Pace became DT swiss a few years back?

Roter Stern

Just out of interest. Why would Pace be putting more energy into building a trail centre than producing products that would generate revenue for the company?

ctk

They’ve got enough money and they love riding?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Because you don’t need to worry about warranty support for a trail centre

thepodge

Because trail centres generate more income for less outgoings

Because they spent half their lives developing awesome stuff, getting little recognition and want a new challenge

Because a small company can’t necessary keep pace (no pun intended) with the current wheel size trends and are waiting for it to settle

Because…

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

My local bike shop in Hong Kong has a load of Pace RC129 fillet brazed frames in stock that they are selling off cheap.

They were made by Colossi cycles in China (run by a Dutch guy and amazing quality. They build for number of big names).

Colossi built them, and Pace couldn’t pay, so they sold them off cheap locally. Just hearsay, and there are often 2 sides to any story, but make of that what you will……..

tang

How cheap sola? Might be out that way.

thepodge

And how much is shipping?

Premier Icon solarider
    Subscriber

Doubt if they will ship. The frames work out to just under £250 if I remember right. Shipping would probably be prohibitive, plus you would have to pay the import tax and duty.

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Saw Adrian at Sutton Bank last week – nice bike shop they’ve got there.

northernmatt

I was over Dalby Wednesday last week and yes they did have a prototype carbon 29er nicked out of the bike shop there. Offices didn’t look open but the I could hear noise coming from the suspension servicing bit. Nice looking bikes but I can’t say I’d ever buy one.

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

I hope they’re keeping going the rc36 was the best looking fork ever and if I could find one local would look the biz on my kili

Saccades

I’ve a RC-36 PC2 lockout, whats your offer?

phoned about fixing a RC-41F disbonded lower, cheaper than fork english but more vague… it’s going to fork english.

_Ben_

Ben – see here Fork English for pace parts

I’m in touch with Tim, thanks. A very helpful and knowledgeable guy!

hora

Pace welched on the order as the frame wasnt selling well?

Why else would you cancel an order

sq225917

Maybe the OEM just spat out a few extra frames? Who knows?

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

That Tim at Fork English is a really nice bloke. Incredibly helpful & knows Pace forks probably better than Pace do. 😕

stoney

Had the Pace 305 Ht frame a few years ago… It was an Awsome ride, but rthe DT Swiss forks were still Crap…. 2 of us had Major problems with the carbon forks….Pace DID NOTHING……said it was “acceptable wear”
    Mine, the annodized stanchon wore off completly after 6 months, and after having to pay for a “service”, the magnesium drop out came adrift!….

Wont be going back there!.

Because trail centres generate more income for less outgoings

Because they spent half their lives developing awesome stuff, getting little recognition and want a new challenge

Because a small company can’t necessary keep pace (no pun intended) with the current wheel size trends and are waiting for it to settle

Because the real brains behind the product side of things got hoofed out, along with others a while back? Might be true, might not be true but is what I was told.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Have Pace Gone Bust?’ is closed to new replies.