• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • worcestershire/south Birmingham dwellers, pie info needed
  • rOcKeTdOg

worcestershire/south Birmingham dwellers, where is the best place for pies mid ride? must be “ready to eat” somewhere that is open Sundays preferably

MTB pie ride is being planned

lunge

Not sure about best but the cafe at Waseley Hills do pies.

rOcKeTdOg

lunge – Member
    Not sure about best but the cafe at Waseley Hills do pies.

yea, bit too close to home to earn the pie that one 🙂

prawny

There a pie minister in the middle of town, be a crap place to stop on an mtb ride though…

Houns

Pork pies? Pies n mash? Apple pie?

The Duke in Stourbridge, Pieminister pies, choice of mash and peas, beer. Bosh.

rOcKeTdOg

bike friendly outside area Houns?

Houns

Yup, beer courtyard through the big gates, just stick head in pub and ask them to open them up

bails

It’s across into warwickshire, but the Fleur de Lys in Lowsonford is supposedly famous for its pies.

Pickers

Coming down as far as Evesham?
    Hampton farm shop has lots of pies and are nice folks as well.

LeeW

Aye, the Fleur does sell home made pies, good selection but not that great to be fair. Always been disappointed when I’ve had one.

Good points are that it’s right on the canal and has a massive outside searing area for dirty arsed cyclists. Beer is ok too.

Much better than Mad O’Rourke’s pie factory though.

Stoner
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

Faggots and pays surely not pies!!!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The Pie Factory?
    http://www.madorourkes.com/tablet/index.html

Admittedly not very inspiring, ride-wise. You could come from Clent, pick up the canal at Halesowen, ride to Bumble Hole (snigger) and through the Netherton Tunnel to Tipton.

TedC

Flier de Lys is pieminster pies…

LeeW

Not all of them Ted, they do make some in house.

Itd be a hell of a ride BullandBladder from clent. Not sure I’d leave my bikes outside anywhere in Tiptown.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Not too bad a ride, I commute along the canal from that neck of the woods to Stourbridge and sometimes go the long way home via Clent (up Romsley Hill). But you’re right, I wouldn’t be leaving my bike anywhere in Tipton!

LeeW

bullandbladder – Member

Not too bad a ride, I commute along the canal from that neck of the woods to Stourbridge and sometimes go the long way home via Clent (up Romsley Hill). But you’re right, I wouldn’t be leaving my bike anywhere in Tipton!

I used to do it when I’d ride to see my folks, go through the back of Haden Hill park up across the farms, and behind the rugby club to Clent.

z1ppy

The pie factory need suing for using that name then selling casseroles with a lid, the bloody cheek. Pity there no decent off-road riding near the Fleur de Lys (ex-local). Think you need to pack some pies or not be so narrow minded about your mid ride snack RD, which is a pity as I was monitoring this thread with interest

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘worcestershire/south Birmingham dwellers, pie info needed’ is closed to new replies.