Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Women's mtb forums?
  • Joolz
    Free Member

I'm hoping this thread won't start a whole women-in-mtbing debate or anything. I'm just wondering, are there any mtb forums out there with sections for female riders?

This place is fine and everything but the tit-n-arse jokes and references find their way into almost every thread, it can get a bit tired. I'd like to enjoy the online social side of mountain biking without feeling like I'm a guest in a masculine world.

I found one potential but it was usa-centric. Any uk based sites?

Bunnyhop

Try shecycles.com

allthegear
    Free Member

didn't that close down?

Rachel

millsonwheels
    Free Member

Yes I second shecycles! http://www.shecycles.net/index.php 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not too impressed with the way the folks at Magicalia treated Bex (and Mike for that matter), hence the reason I will be more than happy to promote her new venture;
    http://www.bikeenvy.co.uk/

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

My housemate likes the section on Pinkbike.

Joolz
    Free Member

Thanks, I've just linked to shecycles and yes, they've closed down. The site forwards to bikemagic which has created a sub-forum for "shecycles refugees." I will take a look. 🙂

Bunnyhop

Oooh now I'm not keen on bikemagic.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

<wonders if any of these womens bike forums have a classified section? > 8)

Joolz
    Free Member

Oooh now I'm not keen on bikemagic.

Why's that?
    …I've got a lot to learn about this online malarchy.

cinnamon_girl

Joolz – don't give up on this place! Sometimes the blokes need to be told that they are out of order, and that includes you Cap'n Flashheart. 🙄

Don't forget that you can report a post – check out the green button.

This would be a dull place without us, they love us really, and genuinely want us to stay. 8)

Joolz
    Free Member

Lol, I'm not giving up here, don't worry – just diversifying 😀

I'm not finding posts offensive on STW as such, it's just v obviously a masculine environment.

Esme
    Free Member

For information:
    The original Shecycles site was linked to the Sheactive store. They abruptly pulled the plug, and directed us to BikeMagic. A brief look will show you why that site is not popular with women!!!

The current Shecycles.net site is completely independent, and growing slowly. It's very bike-focused and non-gossipy, but you may need to wait a few days for a reply!

STW does not usually feel like a "masculine environment", although it's going through a "silly season" at the moment. I have been totally awed with the support given to several posters experiencing various personal problems

STW is definitely a brilliant place for bike-related information and advice

highclimber
    Free Member

is there a Men only MTB website? or is that classed as Misogyny?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Wheres Germain Greer when you need her eh?! 🙄

Esme
    Free Member

"is there a Men only MTB website? or is that classed as Misogyny?"

Yawn . . . set one up yourself, Highclimber, like we did, if you feel the need

But Shecycles is not exclusively female – either on the website, or on the rides. It's just "very obviously a non-masculine environment", which is what Joolz is looking for

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

TBH I tend to post on smaller forums where I feel like a valued member of the community rather than a 'doris-with-two-wheels-trying-to-fit-it'

I rarely, if ever, ride with other bikerchicks, but, I am very lucky to have a good group of cycling buddies now who I have got to know over the last three years. I never feel like I 'need' a female orientated forum and feel lucky because of that.

puddle-rider
    Free Member

Try bikeradar.com

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Women's mtb forums?’ is closed to new replies.