Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • womens cycle clothing
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

ok so theres not a mass amount to choose from, but i think its getting better, there ARE alot of women riders out there….
    i wear alot of Altura clothing…. but quite fancy the 'Hope' clothing too…ie :(that green/white Hope jersey ….but it just seems a male thing with Hope…grrrrrr (just that it will go nicely with the colour of my bike (apple green)… i did try it in a small size but the arms are too long and its alittle too long in the body……

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

EA.

I'm with you, we need to get the MTB suppliers to cater for the women too.

This isn't a bloke only sport and its about time the suppliers/manufacturers accepted this.

C'mon Hope and others !!!, sort-out your Ladies clothing range

And for the rest of you suppliers !, start getting lady specific bike kit going too !.

🙂

CC.

dobo
    Free Member

Some of the Giordana stuff looks very nice and isnt too badly priced, my tenax bibs are very nice too. the sizing is a bit on the small size in mens at least.

I think road gear just looks and perfroms so much better

http://www.giordana.com/apg/catalogo/CapiPers_Test.nsf/webqu/ita_cataloghi_sfogliabili?opendocument

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Have you guys seen http://www.minx-girl.com/

I haven't used them myself, but I think they're supposed to be quite good, especially with sizing help (as there is so much variance in women's sizes…)

Admittedly, I don't do much shopping for kit, but I have only 1 pair of shorts that I think fit me and look good! (Oakley – and they were in the odds pile in Condor and I can't get another pair! 🙁 )

cinnamon_girl

It's getting better but still room for improvement! Blokes get all the best technical gear (GoreBikeWear please note that I would love to see women-specific camo jackets, gilets and 3/4 shorts).

Sombrio stuff is quite good as is IXS

I loathe lycra and jerseys. Most of the time I dress like a bag lady, as long as it works who cares? Got the evening for dressing up 😉

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

these guys make super cool girl stuff http://www.loeka.com/

clareymorris

There is more about now it's true – what annoys me is availability in shops for trying on (apart from Gore, Altura and Endura), and trying to get any of it reviewed in any of the magazines. If they bother reviewing any female specific kit it is usually just one or two token entries off the back of 10 mens items.

I have had to get very used to sending stuff back to online companies!!

woodsman
    Free Member

Swobo make some nice womens clothing in apple green or similar, have a look at Stif – uk importer

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I spent a frustrating 30minutes trying on swrve gear once – it's all odd sizes! Women's cut is the weirdest shape ever, and doesn't look flattering, and garments in the same sizes were frequently totally different sizes.

I am intruiged by Loeka. Why no shops in London though?!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

my friend's sister has just started ana nichoola, not the cheapest but fantastic quality, nice designs, made in the UK and good reviews. The jackets have just started being stocked in the Harrods bike concession 😀

cinnamon_girl

I like the Loeka shorts but find that the pockets on them make my ar$e look even bigger 🙄

jond
    Free Member

It's pretty straightforward stuff design-wise (so may not be what you're after) but
    http://www.corinnedennis.co.uk/

might be worth a try.
    You don't see it in many shops – I've picked up a few ls and ss tops from assorted sales in the past, it's very well made, quite stretchy and so doesn't suffer much from velcro/bushes and general abuse. One ls roubaix top must be about 10 yrs old but still works well (shame they don't seem to do quite that material any more), and it's not from lack of hitting the ground or more stationary objects 😉

(Yeah, I'm a bloke, but the 12s/14's they used to do seemed to have longish arms/body – that might have changed tho')

trio25
    Free Member

In the short time I have been riding I have noticed a huge improvement in the amount of women's gear out there. But my issue is a lack of high end stuff. I ride a lot I need my kit to last! A lot of ranges have low/mid level womens kit but the high end stuff comes in mens only. Thanks!

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Major lack of womens 3/4 length waterproof shorts! Guys xs or xxs would help.

Bunnyhop

The trouble with mens shorts is the seam being in the centre, which I find far too uncomfortable.

In the 11 years I've been mtbing the choice is so much better, still could be improved though.
    The tops aren't a problem as I wear some of my skiing gear in the winter, tights and shorts are a problem and the sizing is terrible.

AnaNichoola
    Free Member

Hi,
    I've been following this thread with interest, as I have a 3/4length tights, padded race short and baggy waterproof short launching in Spring. I always arrange a sit-down with the girls I ride with to develop designs, if any of you ladies have anything particular that annoys you, or that you have ridden in the past and love please post your thoughts. Especially on bottoms. Good padding/bad padding, seams, flattering shapes, colours, anything! Or indeed, if you want to come along to the next vino drinking informal design chat just drop me an email.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I had a pair of 3/4lengths that had the best shape in the world, and I have kept them hoping that someone would make a copy someday (I would, if I had a sewing machine…). and I have a great pair of shorts now…
    I'd be happy to demonstrate the shape, and why it works if you'd make some like it!

london_lady
    Free Member

I think that womens cycle clothing has come a long way compared to 10 years ago. There is so much choice around these days and I don't mind looking a bit more femine on the bike. As for the high end stuff, assos, pearl izumi, sportful & gore all do high end cycle clothing. One of my best buys was the assos uma jack jacket and the windstopper tights. Oh and minxgirl is very good at advising on size before you buy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘womens cycle clothing’ is closed to new replies.