Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Woburn Rollercoaster – mullered due to weather or over use?
  • Bullet

Went down it on Saturday morning – looks pretty trashed compared to how it used to be. Is it just the bad weather or getting lots of hard use? Could we do any maintenance (would be willing to help) or does it have to remain a natural trail?

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

Give it a couple of months and it'll be fine again.

localhero94
    Free Member

Ah… That'll be the reason I landed on my backside in a puddle then – a trashed trail rather than a lack of skill 😉

helsbels
    Free Member

its technically a footpath so don't think the rangers will let you anywhere near it for maintenance!

Nobby

Removing the latest fallen tree would help the flow a bit though.

oldgit
    Free Member

Woburn is pretty knackered at the moment, definately the worst it's been in the last ten years.
    What you'll find is that trails like that will change over the years. I've got pics showing downhills over there as just smooth paths, but now they're heavilly rutted.
    Woburn is attracting a lot of attention now, and although the rangers won't do much about it, they won't mind you looking after it a bit.
    We usually do a weekend of clearing gorse that grows over the paths. But some areas do need a bit of hardcore laying down, because riders are making new lines to avoid mud!

oldgit
    Free Member

Sorry Bullet.
    Just wrote that without looking to see who the OP was. Obviously don't need to tell you all that.

Jase
    Free Member

AFAIK the top section is a footpath.

The footpath then continues right whereas the rollercoaster goes left.

Just use Rollercoaster MKII for a while 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Jase
    Have you tried that trail that goes off right from the top of the Heather Run.
    Didn't know that was there?

Jase
    Free Member

Yeah, came across it a few weeks back and took Nick & Rich down it yesterday – they liked!

Bullet

Oldgit – no worries 🙂 Let me know if there are any plans for maintenance in the spring…

Jase_MK
    Free Member

It has eroded due to use but the crap weather definitely makes it look/feel worse than it is. Come spring/summer things will be much better. There's a handful of trails that I try to avoid at the moment (eg second half of trippy tucker), partly not to make them any worse and partly because they're actually not that fun to ride.

I think most regulars are pretty sympathetic to the area and try to vary their riding accordingly. Like you say, OG, there's quite a few visitors these days that come from further afield, not knowing the area terribly well and heading straight for the 'good bits' that they know.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Does anyone know what condition the play area is in at the moment?

oldgit
    Free Member

Bullet will do.
    We might get permission to build some more trail at Stockgrove, as the Trust that looks after the area has aquired some new land.

jedi

the play area will be ok

oldgit
    Free Member

jedi
    What do you make of the 'line' signs in the play area?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Rollercoaster – mullered due to weather or over use?’ is closed to new replies.