Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • WLAN down – any ideas?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wireless connection seems to be down today. red light on WLAN other all green in router. Main connection ok but can’t run anything wirelessly.

Tried turning the router on/off (high tech solution) – any other ideas from anyone with tech skills?

surfer
    Free Member

If you have a static IP BT are experiencing issues in the UK.

Should be fixed as of 45 mins ago though, reset your router.

wwaswas

so a wired connection to the router is ok but wireless not?

does it even show if you search for available access points?

if not I’d say the receiver is probably bust?

surfer
    Free Member

Whoops sorry didnt read your op very carefully!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It could be the BT issue. I have a speed touch router and all the lights (power, ethernet, DSL, Internet) are green with the exception of WLAN which has been red all morning.

Can use the main computer but no wireless connections anywhere.

wwaswas – if I understand your ? correctly – yes the link shows on devices and looks like wireless is working. But when you try to access anything wirelessly I get the message about not being connected.

Could be surfer is right for my region as well?

Anyway, thanks for replies so far.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

try scanning to see if any of your neighbours have suddenly plumbed in a WLAN router that’s broadcasting on the channel you use?
    I had a similar issue before – a BT HomeHub (sp) from a neighbour seemed to be very aggressive, switching channels on my router fixed the problem

samuri
    Free Member

I tend to avoid these questions now because of the amount of useless crap people spout makes them useless but are you confident the wireless connection is being made from your laptop? Assuming you’re talking about a laptop?

Does the little wireless icon say it is connected?
    Do you know how to confirm you have an IP address and check you can ping the gateway?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Red light on WLAN still showing but connection restored somehow. Bizarre!

Anyway cheers for help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘WLAN down – any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.