Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • With a potential result like this…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/20111129-British-Cycling-s-Ride-of-the-Year-2011-0

Why does MTB seem to be the poor relation in the eyes of the media and those who govern access etc??? I know its only a poll and it was an exceptional race but even so…

Go Danny!!!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I’ve voted for my friend Jon Butterworth. He won Gold at the para-cycling track world champs back in March. Exceptional considering he only started cycling 2 years ago! Fingers crossed he should be a shoe in for the Paralympics next year.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i suspect the runaway poll success is the result of some serious mtb forum collective effort. amazing ride though, and not saying it’s not a deserved win. 🙂

having just refreshed my memory, though, i’d like to think it’s just fair recognition for an insane ride!

aracer
    Free Member

Why does MTB seem to be the poor relation in the eyes of the media and those who govern access etc??? I know its only a poll and it was an exceptional race but even so…

Methinks the mountain bikers who’ve presumably been organising an online campaign to vote for Danny don’t represent the general public that well (let alone the “media and those who govern access etc”). How many of the general public do you think have even heard of Danny?

chakaping
    Free Member

Why does MTB seem to be the poor relation in the eyes of the media

Maybe it won’t be now Red Bull are ploughing money into (free) coverage of DH. Maybe Danny Hart’s run there will be the tipping point that takes MTB mainstream again.

i suspect the runaway poll success is the result of some serious mtb forum collective effort. amazing ride though,

I’m sure some roadies must have watched that video and voted for Danny too!

theflatboy
    Free Member

yep agreed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘With a potential result like this…’ is closed to new replies.