Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wireless network help please
  • will1
    Free Member

Trying to get my iphone on the household network but it is asking for a password. I have been told that there should be a password on the router but I can't find anything. Is there any way of finding the password another way? Thanks in advance.

wwaswas

what router is it? Google will often tell you what the default password is if you haven't set one yourself.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are three passwords at least.

1) the one to connect to the wireless network
    2) the one your router needs to connect to the internet
    3) the one you need to access the configuration webpages on your router.

Number 3) is the one you can find out by googling – number 1) is probably the one you need. If you got your router from your ISP then they'll probably have given you the password when you signed up. If you set it up yourself, then you'll have to have chosen one.

Good luck 🙂 There's no technical way of just getting the password – that's the whole point of passwords 🙂

tomhughes46

What is your router?

If it's a BT home hub then the WPA (or whatever) key is on the sticker.

will1
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. It's the one to connect to the wireless network. When my daughter got an ipod touch for xmas it just found the network without asking for a password. That ipod went back with a fault a few months later and now the new one is aking for a password as is my iphone. I am lost!!

anjs
    Free Member

sure its the same network? Anything else connected to your wireless network?

will1
    Free Member

There are a couple of laptops connected.

enfht
    Free Member

What you need is iNetwork

anjs
    Free Member

Do the laptops need a password? Are you sure the ipod is trying to connect to the same / your network?

bigyinn
    Free Member

What is your router? Have a look underneath it as they often have the WEP / WPA key written on there.

brassneck

It's the WPA key, WPA Personal as it's sometimes known works on a pre shared key i.e. password .. should bestickered on your router or in the manual

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wireless network help please’ is closed to new replies.