Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wireless mice…do they always need a usb receiver
  • fubar
    Free Member

I'm confused…wireless mice are sold with usb receivers…if a computer has wireless connection (to connect to router) does the mouse need the usb receiver?
    I'm currently happily using blue-tooth mouse with no usb sticks but I'm considering a netbook without blue-tooth.

tomzo
    Free Member

i dont think you can get ones that use "wifi"…would probably drain the batteries too quickly.

wwaswas

these are tiny – I leave it plugged int he netbook all the time;

http://www.thetoysack.co.uk/mini-bluetooth-dongle-p-1594.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah you be confunsing no wires with wireless!!

A wireless mouse is nealy identical to the bluetooth one you have but operating on a different frequency, hence the need for a reciever.

wwaswas

well, I was thinking he could carry on using his bluetotth mouse with the non-bluetooth netbook. but yes if you get a 'real' wireless mouse they aren't bluetooth.

jam-bo

Err. Why is a Bluetooth mouse not 'reAl' wireless? I see no wires before me?

wwaswas

normal wireless mice don't use the bluetooth protacol for transmission and need a dedicated receiver. A bluetooth mouse will work with any bluetooth receiver (whether embedded or dongle).

jam-bo

Without any wires….

fubar
    Free Member

Got it thanks …yes I've been confusing my wireless with my wifi..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wireless mice…do they always need a usb receiver’ is closed to new replies.