Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wireless bike computer with cadence
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Anyone know of one?

. I don’t want to shell out loads of money on a garmin gps. I found cateye strada but it’s wired

You’d think you could but a wireless add on to an existing computer

trickydisco
    Free Member

anyone? 😥

CraigW
    Free Member

There’s the Cateye Strada Double Wireless, though its not cheap.
    eg http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/Training/Training+Aids/Computers/Cateye+Strada+Double+Wireless_1882.htm

BTW, I would not recommend the wired Cateye Strada – it has a habit of not working when it gets wet. I think this is due to water on the contacts, so I presume the wireless version doesn’t have this problem.

trickydisco
    Free Member

exactly what i was looking for, thanks! Didn’t see it on CRC or wiggle

kevin1911

I’ve been looking for something similar, and have been pretty bewildered by the cost of these computers now. I’m sure they used to be much cheaper. Same as most bike kit I suppose.

It actually makes the leap up to a proper GPS unit that much easier to justify, especially if you have multiple bikes.

antigee

i use a polar CS100 – i already had the chest strap so you get cadence and HR – not cheap and though you can replace the cadence unit batteries the sender battery on front fork is a factory replace which i didn’t realise
    very reliable though and not any real delay on the cadence info which to be honest i had expected

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

Cheaper option is to get an old wired ‘puter or buy a really cheap one.

Gaffer tape magnet to crank arm. Locate sensor on chain stay.

Set computer tyre circumference to 1669 and it will measure your cadence for you.

Depending on the how many decimal points your computer has it will display as follows……. 69.0 Kph ie 69 rpm

aracer
    Free Member

What’s the big problem with wires? Wireless ones are generally less reliable and more trouble to set up.

unovolo
    Free Member

Not wireless but does this Specialized one float your boat
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/specialized-speedzone-elite-item121286.html

On offer for £21.49

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wireless bike computer with cadence’ is closed to new replies.