Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Winter's a comin' show us yer 'cross bikes
  • geoffj

IMG_0619.JPG on Flickr

Just been out for a pootle on mine 8)

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Just built this week

Dibbs
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fontmoss
    Free Member

for sale to be replaced by a cross check

terrahawk
    Free Member

oldgit
    Free Member

Out on Ivinghoe Beacon getting ready for the 3Peaks, hence the non race day pointy up stem and Landcruisers.

firestarter
    Free Member

fontmoss
    Free Member

and my pic isn;t showing 🙁 try again

Duc
    Free Member

Why does n't anyone run campag on their cross bikes? (apart from me – am I missing something?)

Filthy
    Free Member

Here's mine, it was nice and clean when I bought it, it now has some raceface turbines and is much dirtier. Havent ridden it for a while, I must make amends.

Picture 095 by wickedandlazy, on Flickr

MrSparkle

Put more miles on this rascal than any other bike, I think. Will be getting it in Peaks trim over the weekend. Shame I won't be!

mayan
    Free Member

Now changed to cross friendly black bar tape and removed the bottle cages.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Very nearly sold it to buy a road bike, but managed to get the money by other means 🙂

h4muf
    Free Member

Love it!

bigG
    Free Member

I'm lovin it…

Houns

Only photo i have online at the mo

Mole
    Free Member

What forks are you running there terrahawk? Wouldn't mind a front disc for the 3 peaks.

andytherocketeer

Just awaiting arrival of wheels and headset now. Gonna start bolting it all together this weekend.

aviemoron
    Free Member

My very old Jake on 3Peaks rocky trail training ride!

simondbarnes

Will be getting it's first outing of the season in the NWCCA league race in Preston tomorrow…

Nearly Ready by simondbarnes, on Flickr

raddaz
    Free Member

Salsa on Flickr

MrSparkle

simondbarnes – I was riding with Horwich CC on Sunday and their man Dave Headon has a Tinbred crosser. His has the same forks as yours. Bit of a co-inkydink.

simondbarnes

MrSparkle, he must have copied me 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Coleman
    Free Member

Ooer! Got to race this beast tomorrow!

Russell96

singlespeedstu

Funnily enough we went out on our cross bikes yesterday.

No recent pictures though.

twinklydave

trig-point by twinklydave, on Flickr

Earlier this evening – checking everything works before racing it tomorrow (it does, if you don't include 'me' in the equation…)

MrSparkle

Coleman – that looks ace. TCX 0 is it? What year?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Mine in distinctively non-racing mode. Off to the BHF ride at Sherwood Pines tomorrow.

oldgit
    Free Member

matthew. You can run your cables STI style. IMO it looks far cleaner, and with those bars it wouldn't be a problem.
    When bar end sifters were in common use the cables were fully taped exiting near the stem.
    Just pointing that out as that seems to have been forgotten.

MrSparkle

Earlier this evening – checking everything works before racing it tomorrow (it does, if you don't include 'me' in the equation…)

Yeah, whatever Dave… ;0)

matthewlhome
    Free Member

oldgit – that's how i tried to set them up to start with – i didnt have enough cable length for it to work 🙁 the inners came up about 6 inches short at the rear

My fault for fitting sealed mudlovers cables. They will be replaced with normal ones and tidier routing when the bars get re taped.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not the clearest image, but that's how they were set up. There's nothing wrong at all with the way you've set them up, I think that's how most people do it know. Though for some reason I always think I'm somehow going to get my hands caught in the cables?
    Piccy shows Tommy Simpson and Ramsbottom? finishing the London-Holyhead. Bar end shifters with cable fully wrapped.

Coleman
    Free Member

MrSparkle – thanks. It's an 09 TCX frameset, Ksyrium wheels, Ultegra g'set and Ritchey bits.

Kevevs
    Free Member

there was a half buit titanium crosser in revolution bikes in bangor (wales) earlier, damn, it looked light and fast and fun!

MrSparkle

oldgit – Alan Ramsbottom.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep and Elliots the other one.

Drac

marka.
    Free Member

You can run your cables STI style. IMO it looks far cleaner, and with those bars it wouldn't be a problem.
    When bar end sifters were in common use the cables were fully taped exiting near the stem.
    Just pointing that out as that seems to have been forgotten.

That's useful to know oldgit. My fairly standard Cross-Check also has the shifter cables coming out of the bars early and I've always thought it seemed a bit unnecessary.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Winter's a comin' show us yer 'cross bikes’ is closed to new replies.