Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Winterberg
  • Toombsy
    Free Member

I was looking on Zapiks.com at random videos and one for Winterberg in Germany (Yes – I know!) looked very interesting. Checked on Google maps and its not that far to drive for a long weekend (from Kent). Any comments about the mtbing there?

markfu
    Free Member

I live not too far North of Winterberg, it's ok i guess and has quite a bit of variety. The dh course there is very progressive imo and a good improver course for most levels of rider. There is also some pretty tasty north shore there, and if you're into jumping there are some huge jumps to play around on.

The dowsides with it are that the runs are very short (There is only about 200m height difference top – bottom), and on a weekend it is like Alton Towers. It's the busiest bike park in Northern Germany and is pretty close to the Ruhr conurbation. Willingen is also about a half hours drive from there, it has a world cup dh course there, which seems to be a bit of a marmite course to a lot of riders. It also has a fr course which is like a giant dh bmx track, i like it anyway. Sligtly further afield are the Harz mountain bikeparks of Hahnenklee, Schulenberg and Braunlage. I've only been to Hahnenklee, which i love, but again the runs are very short. A few friends of mine do like Schulenberg and Braunlage.

I'm not sure if it's worth a weekend though, unless you're happy to session it a lot and queue for the lifts. I can't help think that you'd be a little disappointed if you travelled all the way from the UK though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Winterberg’ is closed to new replies.