• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ton.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter shoes
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

So what do you recommend? Don’t want to spend too much either, preferably well under a ton

I’ve got fairly wide feet and i’m usually a size 11.

My summer shoes are spesh BG comps and I find them just about perfect.

ton

5/10s and wooly socks

tony24
    Free Member

i have been looking at the specialized defroster i think they still look smart but i have not read or seen many post’s about them

Kahurangi

I’ve had the defrosters for a few rides and I’m liking them. The shape suits me better – the fit well across the foot and have enough space to keep the toes free (so you can wriggle them and keep them warm). They’re relatively lightly insulated (compared to the Lake MXZ 302’s I had) but I figure I can wear them with overshoes when it’s really cold. They’re pretty good at keeping water out as they have a waterproof lining all the way to the top of the cuff, which you can do up quite tight, which none of the competition seem to have. For example it appears that the MW80 are only waterproof to below the ankle and have porous neoprene cuff above to seal it.

/braindump

hope this helps 😀

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’m going to be using cleats so 5/10’s are out really ton.

I was already airing toward another pair of spesh to be honest.

Got a birthday coming up in a few weeks so gonna start dropping hints

ton

i was gonna say defrosters, but i gave mine to my son today…….he has a 13 mile each way commute, i only have a 5 miler……… 😆

defrosters then, they are very good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter shoes’ is closed to new replies.