• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by fengche-spam.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Winter jacket for meandering around in
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

‘noon all.

I was wondering if anyone had spotted any decent winter jackets in medium, around £100 (or less) on their travels?? I need something to keep me warm whilst out on them there mean streets!!

Cheers

midlifecrashes

monkeychild
    Free Member

At least provide a link for that awsomeness!!!

midlifecrashes

It’s Paul’s Boutique, chavette label du jour.

nedrapier

I’m a massive, massive fan of my Rab Vapour Rise jacket.

Warm, showerproof, windproof, very breahtable, comfy (even next to the skin if you’re shambling to the corner shop for milk in the morning!) Soft touch, hugs from girls last 20% longer than with comparable jackets!

Great for active stuff, obviously, but it’s my 1st choice meandering jacket too.

There’s a bunch of different versions, mine’s the Lite Tour (hood & pit zips). I might have to get myself another one, just in case they change it.

binners

Do you mean ‘jacket-wot-i-can-wear-on-my-bike-which-won’t-then-leave-me-looking-like-an-utter-tool-when-i-get-off-it’?

If so, I find Sombrio stuff fits the bill nicely.

Or one of these are toasty warm, but not too warm

Race Face Hoodlum

alfabus
    Free Member

Rab Vapour Rise jacket

hugs from girls last 20% longer than with comparable jackets!

not with mine… it absolutely stinks! no amount of washing seems to get rid of the stench either.

Dave

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have a vapour rise jacket, but it I find it more a spring/autumn stylee jacket. I have been looking at the Montane flux, as that looks toasty without looking too outdoorsy on the streets.

tang
    Free Member

Mail forum member turneround as in his last ad he said he has a pile of montane medium jackets. Always good prices and new. I’ve had a bargain off him before.

neil853
    Free Member

Bit more than £100 but I have a Rab Baltero Guide, really nice jacket. Pretty much waterproof (i’ve never been wet) and incredibly breathable. Feels really hard wearing too.

(however I am a massive rab fan so maybe a bit of a biased view 😉 )

loddrik
    Free Member

Mountain equipment fitzroy a decent jacket

lunge

I got a decathlon softshell for this very thing. Plain black, very warm, doesn’t look too “outdoorsy”, under £50.

Trekster

Tang

turneround montane medium

Got a link? can`t find via search. Ta

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mail: one_sphATyahoo.co.uk

MRanger156
    Free Member

Barbour wax jacket?

DrJ

Time to update the SPAM filters …

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Winter jacket for meandering around in’ is closed to new replies.