Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Winter hates your brakes…
  • julioflo
    Free Member

What is the current opinion on the best values place to buy brake pads at the moment?
    Value meaning decent quality at good price, not necessarily cheapest but shite please!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hope original sintered here – last many thousands of miles

_tom_
    Free Member

Superstar for me. Had the same set almost a year now I think.

sam_underhill

Superstar kevlar have been great for me, last for months as a rule.
    Last pair in on Saturday and did the 50k Shakleford enduro. They are now dead, but we where often cycling through axle deep floods.

Hoping that the pair I put in tonight will no suffer the same issue. I’ll be buying more of the same. Nearly as good performance as organic and (usually) last ages.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Superstar sintered last me ages and perform well.

KonaTC

+1 for Superstar sintered

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

superstar ordinary lasted 2 rides….

Got to stop using the brakes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I took my SS Kevlar out for the winter and put some A2Z sintered in there. I’d heard that Kevlar dont last too well in mud etc.
    Will bung ’em back in once things have dried out in april.

PS Make sure you bed the new pads in well BEFORE getting them muddy, or they’ll last about 5 mins!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ashima Semi or Shimano Semi FTW

bigyinn
    Free Member

he said “semi” *sniggers*

stumpy01

Superstar – I’ve had good results with Organic & Sintered.

Currently using sintered, as I’ve always used the organic up to now and wanted to try something different for the sake of it.

Make sure you bed them in well or they will die quickly. 15 hard stops from speed. I try to use the front brake to bed pads in as it’s easier to generate high temperatures. When they are done transfer them to the back.

benman
    Free Member

Had good results from Discopads sintered. Used superstar previously, but they sent me the wrong pads despite me ordering the correct ones, and then didn’t refund my return postage. Another customer they’ve lost…

Northwind

Superstar here, I’m still using kevlar though I’d switch to sintered for really nasty conditions- pentlands mud seems to be relatively kind on brakes. They’re not just cheap, their kevlars would be my first choice even if they cost as much as everyone else’s.

Wasn’t impressed at all with Disco’s sintered pads, less stopping power and less lifespan, and one set broke up on me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Winter hates your brakes…’ is closed to new replies.