Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Winter boots – Shimano MW80 vs MT91
  • matthewlhome
    Free Member

After going out last night and discovering that my feet seem to have grown since last winter, I am looking for a replacement set of boots. My MW80s (size 46) will be appearing on the classifieds tonight 🙁

Do i just get a bigger set of these as they have been ace, or are the walking boot style MT91s worth trying? Does anyone have experience of both?

Thanks.

z1ppy

As per that thread, I had MT90’s last year and have just bought some MW80’s. Love the MT’s as an all round boot but couldn’t escape the fact that the first splash of water would go straight down the collar, but have found them a lot warmer in subzero temperatures than the NW Celcius I had previously. Only just got the MW’s so can’t really tell you that there loads better in either situation ‘yet’, but I can’t see them being worse! M8 ran a set last year & was very impressed. I’m a lot happier with them as a winter boot though

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ojom
    Free Member

I have a set of each and they do feel quite different. If you intend walking around a lot then the MT91 is the one to go for. If not then MW80 makes more sense.
    Both are excellent.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

thanks for the replies. Will probably just get a bigger set of MW80s i think.

peakprowler
    Free Member

Matthew, could you mail me a pic n price for the MW’s please, email in profile

matthewlhome
    Free Member

will do – have got to take photos tonight – will also be putting an ad up on the classifieds.

ojom
    Free Member

Madison have 47 and 48 in stock at the mo of the MW80.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

cool. just need to bring myself to spend the cash (again)

Garry_Lager

What are those MT90s like to walk in? I have the previous set (MT80 I think) and they’re poor – I never use them. I can accept a good walking shoe that doubles as a mediocre cycling shoe, or vice verca – if it’s shite for both then it’s hard to see the point. They’re very good for warmth and waterproofness though.

chakaping
    Free Member

What are those MT90s like to walk in?

Good for muddy slopes, rocky hike-a-bikes etc but I’d never wear them as a pair of normal shoes.

raversknee
    Free Member

Matthew

Am out riding tonight so won’t get to see your ad – what condition are they in and how much are you putting them on for?

Thanks

matthewlhome
    Free Member

will email those interested above. Condition is good but i will take photos and send them. I am not sure what price to ask yet – but will have by this evening!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

apologies to those above – photos not done yet was a bit busy last night. will be sorted tonight hopefully.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots – Shimano MW80 vs MT91’ is closed to new replies.