Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Winter boots – recommendations and deals?
  • MoreCashThanDash

I’m not sure my old Shimano boots will cope with another winter of abuse, so I’m going to keep an eye out for a replacement pair in any “end of winter season” sales.

What boots are people using/recommending, and has anyone seen a good deal on them yet?

Cheers

z1ppy

loving my MT90L’s (much warmer toes than my freezing NW celcius) but they’ve not great for keeping out the slashes… my m8’s new MW80’s look the dogs danglys though and he’s very happy, as he usually suffers from cold toes

chakaping
    Free Member

loving my MT90L’s (much warmer toes than my freezing NW celcius) but they’ve not great for keeping out the slashes…

My feet get a bit chilly in my MT90s, but then I don’t pee in them to warm them up as z1ppy obviously does.

😉

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks chapaking, I thought I’d read it wrong but you obviously saw the same thing!

JamesM
    Free Member

I love my MT90L’s. Warm and dry as I could wish for.
    Got ’em one size bigger than my regular shoes as Shimano shoes come up a bit narrow for my taste.

z1ppy

opps… barstewards the lot of ya! 😳

MoreCashThanDash

I’m intrigued now – what were you meaning to say?

jack
    Free Member

splashes?

z1ppy

yes splashes… that ellusive missing p 😛

MoreCashThanDash

*that elusive missing p* – an unfortunate turn of phrase in the circumstances

z1ppy

I was quite proud of that pun.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I got some Shimano MW80’s & I have to say they have been very good at keeping my feet both warm & dry. I managed to get a pair for under £100 which was a bargain & is the most i’ve spent on footwear both on or off the bike 🙂

Maybe time to get another pair of Shimano’s swadey ?

giantjason
    Free Member

i have a pair of Northwave Celsius and very impressed by their warmth and waterproofness. I have only had them for this winter and they appear to be holding up well.

neil853
    Free Member

mw80’s are awesome, my feet got wet last weekend on the maring trail but nothing could have kept feet dry that day! still warm though!

Merak

I got the Northwave celsius boots this winter too. They are great so far, toasty warm and gore tex, which is nice. 😀

richcc
    Free Member

I’m having the same thought regarding winter boots. I’ve suffered badly on two rides this year – the Brian Rourke charity ride and last weekends Goldrush. I’ve come to the dark side on tights which I’m now a convert on and need some booties too. MW80s are looking favourite but would like to find them a bit cheaper – do they generally come down a bit as we get into warmer weather?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Northwave celcius work for me. Bought them new for £60 in last summers sales

crispybacon
    Free Member

richcc – not too sure about the price drop when the weather warms up mate personally I couldn’t wait that long 😕

What I found from other people’s reviews was that Shimano boots come up on the small size as such I took a bit of a punt & bought online as I couldn’t find a shop stocking them near me, I went for a size 43 instead of my usual 42 & they fit me just right 😀

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

I have the specialized defrosters and they have been brill, never leak, warm as hell and comfy to walk in. In fact I have a spare pair that have had about 2 months use (Bought Dec 08) – size 47. Anyone want some?!

mudpup
    Free Member

Try the new Lake MX140

druidh
    Free Member

MT90’s again. Big enough to get some nice, thick socks on.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Northwave for me too. We’ve rode every Tuesday night this winter in some grim conditions.Dry,warm and comfortable. Recomended.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Winter boots – recommendations and deals?’ is closed to new replies.