Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Windows Vista & iTunes install problem.
  • squin
    Free Member

Can't get iTunes installed. Goes through the motions, says it's installed successfully but then won't open and I get an Error 2 message.

I have been googling and tried a couple of potential fixes, but no joy.

There are some pretty switched on people on here, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stu

spence
    Free Member

Not switched on by any means, but my solution was to dump vista.

squin
    Free Member

spence – thinking about dumping Vista as it's been nothing but a bl00dy pain since the day we got the laptop. Wouldn't know how to do it though so it will cost me a pretty penny I'm sure – just got an iPhone and can't get it fired up with iTunes.

_tom_
    Free Member

Install as administrator maybe (right click and run as administrator I think)?

Vista is a bit crap though (although personally I had no problems) – Windows 7 is a much better OS! Very easy to install as well – just back up what you need, put the W7 disk in and reboot the computer. Should hopefully boot to the disk from there and you just follow the instructions 🙂

I think you may be able to use iPhones with Winamp. You definitely can use iPods with it but not sure what other features iPhones use iTunes for?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

get a mac, problem solved 😉

Drac

Make sure its the right version as vista version of iTunes has 32 and 64 bit.

z1ppy

Go through the basic first, surprising what daft stuff will mess you over
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1926
    More advanced, though I couldn't find anything mentioning error 2:
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-vista-windows-7-support/215494-itunes-does-not-start-up.html

Vista does seem very prone to daft issues, again even going by the thread title my first thoughts were upgrade to 7. It can be done pretty cheap if you know anyone in full time education through the software for students scheme

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Windows Vista & iTunes install problem.’ is closed to new replies.