Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Windows Media Player help
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

I've recently started using Media PLayer instead of iTunes since iTunes won't sync my PC media with my DLNA Blu Ray player.

Anyway, long story short, I miss the "Play next" feature from iTunes. I often have my music on shuffle but then decide to listen to a particular track and want to "play next" in the shuffle.

In fact WMP seems to be missing the whole DJ feature that I confess I did like in iTunes. Can anyone tell me if it is there and I just can't find it?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

no one?

Felofagen
    Free Member

Right Click on media file and 'queue-it-up' (Media player 9)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

no such option on version 11. I can right click and add to a playlist, but it adds it at the end rather than playing it straight away.

johnners
    Free Member

Right click and choose "Play Next" in WM 12.

12 loses the "Advanced Tag Editor" function from 11 (and earlier) though.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I'm on XP so – as far as I'm aware – cannot install version 12. Version 11 does not have the option to "play next". 🙁

CountZero

I've never heard of this system, so I did a bit of Googleing, and found this:
    http://www.obsessable.com/feature/home-media-streaming-101-dlna-explained/
    There's a post a little way down from 'Anonymous', who seems to know what he's talking about, and is seriously unimpressed by it. Personally I'm going to get a Mac Mini, link it to my Bravia via HDMI, and use the tv as a monitor and stream audio through the amp. I personally couldn't give a toss about Blueray, I have an upscaling DVD player if I want to watch video, the rest of the time I use my SkyHD box.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I couldn't care less about BluRay, but I got one free with my new TV and it is ace. Forget the disc-spinning, it hooks up to my network and gives me Love Film on demand, iPlayer, You Tube and all manner of other (admittedly less useful) internet stuff. In addition my PC media can be streamed via the Blu Ray (using DLNA) so all my music, videos and pictures on my PC can be played through my TV and the hi fi. The cost of the Blu Ray is cheaper than many media clients I have seen, so the fact you get stuff like iPlayer AND a disc player makes it a bargain…

…it's just that DLNA does not work with iTunes. It is a DODDLE to set up with Windows Media Player – literally a tick on a box.

Mr.T
    Free Member

iTunes annoy me – I always use Windows Media Player.

However it is a little tedious to get a track to be the next one that's played if you already have a load of tunes lined-up.

As mentioned above, right click on the file, choose 'queue it up' or 'add to now playing' (depending what version of the player you have) and it will appear at the bottom of your list. Then you have to grab that file and drag it up the list to where you want it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Then you have to grab that file and drag it up the list to where you want it.

Ah, so it is a bit naff as I thought 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Windows Media Player help’ is closed to new replies.